Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_rating Substitute (Read 4601 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_rating Substitute

This is my playlist with foo_columns

After foo_rating has been banned, I searched for an alternative way to tag and rate my music which should be compatible with the rating done with foo_rating.

This is how I did it:

1. Installed QuickTagger

2. Configured Quicktagger to be able to tag RATING from 1-5

3. Configured Columns UI to show RATING like this

Code: [Select]
$ifgreater(%rating%,4,♥♥♥♥♥,
$ifgreater(%rating%,3,♥♥♥♥,
$ifgreater(%rating%,2,♥♥♥,
$ifgreater(%rating%,1,♥♥,
$ifgreater(%rating%,0,♥, )))))

4. Configured keyboard shortcuts to set the rating fast

This worked for me.

Now, you can set the rating of the currently marked song by just pressing 1,2,3,4,5 or 0 to your preference. Of course, you can replace the hearts with dots or anything else (just have a look at the Character Map). This tagging is compatible with how foo_tagging tags the music. With columns_ui, one can sort by rating.

It is a bit complicated to change the rating without the keyboard. Normally: Right click => Tagging => Quick Tagger => Set Rating to... => ...

foo_rating Substitute

Reply #1
You can simplify your code to:

$repeat(♥,$add(%rating%,1))

foo_rating Substitute

Reply #2
Good work.
I don't like to open sub-sub-sub menu by using Quick Tagger.It's not so quick.
I use " tagger window " by cwbowron's foo_cwb_hooks with Columns UI.
Keyboard support is fine.

foo_rating Substitute

Reply #3
$blend($rgb(255,0,0),$rgb(0,255,0),%rating%,5) $repeat(♦,%rating%)

foo_rating Substitute

Reply #4
Or you could use the Playback Statistics component, that has built-in support (and context menus) for rating and the ability to store it in it's own database instead of writing to files all the time.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P