Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Searching for a tool to auto generate cue file from the embedded audio (Read 2708 times) previous topic - next topic

Searching for a tool to auto generate cue file from the embedded audio

I'm planning to move to the XBMC for my music server solution from the Foobar2000, but the problem is, I have many single/multiple audio files (APE/FLAC) with cue sheet embedded, the reason I make them embedded is for simplify purpose and to avoid the double library items in the Foobar2000. However, the XBMC doesn't seem to like the embedded cue sheet, it is so sad for me to have to enter into each of my directory and re-generate the cue sheet file from Foobar2000. Is there any tool (command line) which I can employ and run it in a batch mode? The CueProc seems promising but I can't figure out a way to use it in this way.

Reply #1
You should be able to use my version of Tag to export the cue sheet of an .ape or .flac (if it is just using a CUESHEET tag) file.

You would use one of the following:
Code: [Select]
 --tocue <scheme>  : output cuesheet tag to file, name generated from <scheme>
--tocuen <name>   : output cuesheet tag to file <name>
--tocuea          : output cuesheet tag to file, name generated from source

E.g.:

TAG.EXE --tocuea myfile.ape

... should result in myfile.ape.cue (or myfile.cue, I can't remember!) in the source folder.

Used in conjunction with FOR /R you could process all files in a folder and its subfolders.

NB: This assumes that you've used a tag called "CUESHEET".  If you haven't you could try:

--tostdoutn <tag> : write <tag> value to stdout

E.g.:

TAG.EXE --tostdoutn CUE --hideinfo --hidetags --hidenames myfile.ape>myfile.ape.cue

This thread may be of some further use (I knew I'd written out an tostdoutn example before, at least once).

I can't remember whether CueProc or ACDIR would help in this situation, I think they will just use embedded cue sheets to pass to an encoder, but I'm not sure.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
This is great! Thanks a lot! I will give it a go and will see if I have any question there.