Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Flac Error Message (Read 3508 times) previous topic - next topic

Flac Error Message

i've been recording from vinyl using goldwave to 16/44.1 wavs, then FLACing them using version 1.0.3. the encoder gives this error message: "warning: skipping unknown sub-chunk LIST". verify comes out OK. files seem to play fine in winamp. any idea what this means?

Flac Error Message

Reply #1
i've been recording from vinyl using goldwave to 16/44.1 wavs, then FLACing them using version 1.0.3. the encoder gives this error message: "warning: skipping unknown sub-chunk LIST". verify comes out OK. files seem to play fine in winamp. any idea what this means?

RIFF WAVE allows for many types of subchunks.  The only ones FLAC has an analog for are 'fmt', which has the basic format of the audio data, and 'data' which has the PCM audio samples.  Other subchunks are metadata which flac skips.  Search google for 'riff wave format' to find out what various subchunks are used for.

Josh

Flac Error Message

Reply #2
good to know its only metadata

thanks for the feedback, i'll read up on this.

Flac Error Message

Reply #3
I'm getting the error message:

WARNING: skipping unknown sub-chunk 'PAD '

So I take it that's metadata as well?

The file verifys ok.  This is a standard CD rip and backup on Win2K.