Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ear Protection Plug-in? (Read 1175 times) previous topic - next topic

Ear Protection Plug-in?

I very often use headphones when using VLC player and Samplitude DAW software for music and movie playback. Sometimes the volume control sliders don't remain at the levels I've set them previously and I'm only lucky to be quick enough to yank the phones from my ears before any perceived hearing loss occurs.

Isn't there by now a high quality and intelligent plug in that prevents headphone levels from ever becoming dangerously high regardless of software volume control settings?

Re: Ear Protection Plug-in?

Reply #1
The best thing IMO (in terms of reliability) is a habit of always starting the session with hardware/system gain set to (almost) complete silence, and increasing from there as needed.
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed

Re: Ear Protection Plug-in?

Reply #2
Dedicated headphone amp with Giant Knob.
Error 404; signature server not available.