Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can I set up fb2k so a click/double-click in window will pause/resume? (Read 4071 times) previous topic - next topic

Can I set up fb2k so a click/double-click in window will pause/resume?

Hey guys, just a quick question.  I'm a new user of Foobar2000 and am missing one feature.  Is there a way to configure part of the player application so that a mouse click (or double-click) would pause/resume playing?  I'm not talking about the pause/play button but maybe on the album art area or the visualizations area - the same way this works on the MediaPlayer Classic (not MS) or PotPlayer?

Any helop is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Reply #1
Or another example would be AIMP player - where you can Middle-Click on either the "Visualization" or "Album Art" area of the player in order to play/pause.

Anyone know of an option like this for foobar2000?

Reply #2
Nope, but you can of course bind spacebar to play/pause.

Reply #3
you could replace your default artwork panel with WSH panel mod and install a script i made called artreader. it's inside this bundle here: http://db.tt/BInQ3Abm

by default the double click action locates the image in explorer but you can edit the script to change this behaviour. on line 44, you'll find this....

Code: [Select]
function on_mouse_lbtn_dblclk(x, y) {
    a.lbtn_dblclk(x, y);
}

replace it with

fb.PlayOrPause();
}

Reply #4
you could replace your default artwork panel with WSH panel mod and install a script i made called artreader. it's inside this bundle here: http://db.tt/BInQ3Abm

by default the double click action locates the image in explorer but you can edit the script to change this behaviour. on line 44, you'll find this....

a.lbtn_dblclk(x, y);
}

replace it with

fb.PlayOrPause();
}

Thank you very much for this - I got it set up and it works great!  One question...

Is there a simple code change to make this work using a single- Left-Click or a Middle-Mouse-Click?

Reply #5
rename the function to on_mouse_lbtn_up or on_mouse_mbtn_up. i'm sure you can figure out what is what.

Reply #6
rename the function to on_mouse_lbtn_up or on_mouse_mbtn_up. i'm sure you can figure out what is what.

Thanks again - works well.  Before asking, I tried renaming it to on_mouse_lbtn_clk but it didn't work
Have a great day.

Reply #7
Hi,
sorry for hijacking this, but i am searching a similiar funcunality, which i was not able to configure by myself...

Can I set up fb2k so a click/double-click in window will send a track to playlist and a middle click will ADD to another (specific) playlist e.g. called "PREPARED"..

The idea behind is that i can go through the lib and listen all songs by leftclick and with middle click i can prepare them for burning....

i dont want to use the queue for that....

thx in advance

bb10

Reply #8
you could look at file>preferences>media library>album list. you can bind the middle click to send to a new playlist - not a specific one though.....

i find the easiest way to send tracks to specific playlists is to have playlist tabs active (or a playlist manager panel) and simply drag/drop tracks from your library viewer onto them.

Reply #9
hi marc2003,
thx for your answer. the first part was known to me but does not perform what i wanted 

the second idea looks pretty good as an alternative, but i to make life easy i would need easy 2 separate playlists in Foobar side-by-side. i am searching for that, but this looks not possible, too...

maybe someone can help me with that ??

br

bb10

Reply #10
if you want two playlist-viewers side by side, that show different playlists, you have to use esplaylist
this viewer gives you the possibility to lock every panel to a different playlist - in contrast to the standard behavior of the stock playlist viewer which only shows the selected playlist