Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme (Read 166788 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme

Reply #451
Hello TT,

thx for your hard work and new nice features..
i like the new icons like FLAC DSD ....

have a nice day

greetings

Reply #452
I don't know why but somehow I can't get my performance problem under control. My problem is still that the player is extremely laggy and does not react and (or) freez with standard cd art rotation speed. I don't have these problems with the old Georgia theme. otherwise great work..

my cpu usage is 20%.
Theme is installed with foobar2000v2.0 beta 12 / 32bit
with latest final build same resault.

Reply #453
Hi eracer,

I can't remember but I don't think I've changed anything in the disc art code, so it should be basically the same performance...
Are you sure you're using the same disc art settings ( Rotation images, Spinning disc art redraw speed ) !?
In Georgia-ReBORN the settings are a bit more CPU heavy to have smoother disc art rotation animation than the original Georgia.
The performance also depends on player size, i.e 4K mode is extremely demanding on CPU.

Also did you try to test with the same SMP version? Maybe there could be some GDI+ performance difference?

I would also try with the original files ( no extra components installed ) only, because you have some extra installed components
that could also impact your CPU ( DSD processor, HDCD decoder ).

I just need more information ( your settings ) to compare it with original Georgia.
The performance depends how fast your CPU ( 1 core ) single threaded performs, because Javascript do not use multi-threads ( let's just not open the discussion ).

Also keep in mind, if you're playing a DSD/SACD with extremely high bitrate, it also affects your CPU when decoding in comparison
if you're playing a MP3...

P.S If you have a old/slow CPU, don't even try to activate the new transparency options in Options > Details > Album art opacity
This will lag/freeze your foobar because it's really CPU demanding!

-TT

Reply #454
Hi eracer,

I can't remember but I don't think I've changed anything in the disc art code, so it should be basically the same performance...
Are you sure you're using the same disc art settings ( Rotation images, Spinning disc art redraw speed ) !?
In Georgia-ReBORN the settings are a bit more CPU heavy to have smoother disc art rotation animation than the original Georgia.
The performance also depends on player size, i.e 4K mode is extremely demanding on CPU.

In Georgia thema i use default settings 4k Resolution and or all other settings for Discart works very well.

In Georgia-ReBORN i check all Resolution Scale 4k, QHD, HD, and all settings for Discart .. all setting are very laggy.

Cpu Load on 1 Core is around 10% - 20% all other Cores are around 2%-6% Load

If i switcht to [Maximize] Fullscreen Foobar is not anymore response but CPU-Load is the same

Also did you try to test with the same SMP version? Maybe there could be some GDI+ performance difference?

I don't know what you exactly mean with SMP Version

I would also try with the original files ( no extra components installed ) only, because you have some extra installed components
that could also impact your CPU ( DSD processor, HDCD decoder ).

Yes i try with no other componets and fresh install of Foobar and your profil Folder are installed but the same resault.

For DSD playback i use my oppo sonica Dac it can decode DSD64 - DSD512 and PCM 44.1kHz -768kHz

I just need more information ( your settings ) to compare it with original Georgia.
The performance depends how fast your CPU ( 1 core ) single threaded performs, because Javascript do not use multi-threads ( let's just not open the discussion ).

okay her are some infos..

Windows 10 build 1909
Java 8u351 installed

Hardware:
CPU Haswell core i7-4790S@ 3,9GHz
Memory: 16gb Ram@ 3600Mhz
GPU Nvidia 1060 6gb

Audio:
Oppo Sonica DAC over USB Connection

original Georgia theme and ReBORN settings are default..

Also keep in mind, if you're playing a DSD/SACD with extremely high bitrate, it also affects your CPU when decoding in comparison
if you're playing a MP3...

See the Picture it plays DSD512 and CPU-Load are very Low.
I dont see a bottleneck

P.S If you have a old/slow CPU, don't even try to activate the new transparency options in Options > Details > Album art opacity
This will lag/freeze your foobar because it's really CPU demanding!

-TT

I dont use Albumart and Disc opacity, both are at 100%

greetings
eracer

Reply #455
Hello

I can say so much that my equipment is:

Intel Core i7-10700K
32.0 GB Ram
Nvidia 1060 6gb GPU

After the first tests, everything works smoothly for me, in a word, great work.

Regards

Reply #456
Hello

Intel Core i7-10700K
32.0 GB Ram
Nvidia 1060 6gb GPU

Regards

yes for me too until I activate disc art then everything laggy and response very slow

Reply #457
Hello

Intel Core i7-10700K
32.0 GB Ram
Nvidia 1060 6gb GPU

Regards

yes for me too until I activate disc art then everything laggy and response very slow

For me, with spinning disk graphics, transparency options games, etc., no problems.

Reply #458
Ok eracer,

I'll investigate it and compare with the original Georgia.

Btw, your DSD512 is crazy! 45 MB/s only for audio wow, that's a bitrate of a full bluray 1080p video+audio...
I've checked your CPU and it's a bit old, your single threaded performance is not that good.

What you can do for now is to try to use only default White theme without any theme styles ( Options > Style > Default ).
Also use the same song, with same disc art image and compare.

SMP = Spider Monkey Panel component, we're using 1.6.2 dev version, try version 1.5.2:
https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_spider_monkey_panel/releases/download/v1.5.2/foo_spider_monkey_panel.fb2k-component

P.S Also try in your test with only playing a MP3 track.

-TT

Reply #459
Hi TT,

yes you have right the Hardware is a bit outdatet but i dont have money for new hardware.
So i have try it with SMP v1.5.2 and default White theme without any theme styles,
Unfortunately nothing changes in the result. I could cry ahhhhhhhh XD

many many thank for your help

eracer

Reply #460
Ok I've checked the code AND I have good news for you =)

There was a wrong condition which has always repainted the whole disc instead only the visible half disc when rotating.
That means you gain 50% in performance, but only if you don't use the album art opacity features and display disc art above cover in Details.

Download again from the first post in the Beta thread and replace your files.

The performance now should be exactly the same as in original Georgia.

Thanks for reporting!

-TT

Reply #461
Omg, thank you so much for the index numbers! :)  I appreciate it very much! :-*  :-*  :-*

Reply #462
Omg, thank you so much for the index numbers! :)  I appreciate it very much! :-*  :-*  :-*

You can actually thank @regor for this as he gave the push...
I was and still am a bit tired and blind through non-stop coding ;)

I'll take a break after I've published the first public release which will be soon.

-TT

Reply #463
I like it very much and thank you for implementing the icon / logo that shows graphically what file is playing.
Only I noticed that when I play an Ape file, the icon either doesn't show at all or it shows the icon of the previously played file incorrectly

Reply #464
I like it very much and thank you for implementing the icon / logo that shows graphically what file is playing.
Only I noticed that when I play an Ape file, the icon either doesn't show at all or it shows the icon of the previously played file incorrectly

For me it works OK, using https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_monkey
and loading the cue file NOT the image file into the playlist.

-TT

Reply #465
Ok I've checked the code AND I have good news for you =)

There was a wrong condition which has always repainted the whole disc instead only the visible half disc when rotating.
That means you gain 50% in performance, but only if you don't use the album art opacity features and display disc art above cover in Details.

Download again from the first post in the Beta thread and replace your files.

The performance now should be exactly the same as in original Georgia.

Thanks for reporting!

-TT

oh man you are a genius :) .. it runs like "speedy gonzales" it is definitly and significantly smoother and faster.

do you have a paypal account for a small beer?
thank you very much for your quick help and work

Many greetings from Germany

eracer

Reply #466
For me it works OK, using https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_monkey
and loading the cue file NOT the image file into the playlist.

-TT

Of course I had this file installed, otherwise I wouldn't have opened the ape file at all.
Unfortunately, however, for some strange reasons, the ape icon is not displayed, neither from the cue file nor when I have the ape file added in the playlist.

I am also happy to donate something as a thank you for so much work on this project.

Reply #467
a litle question wich entry must i Tag (id3Tag) in File for show the artist country flag left in details?

Reply #468
@naraganset,

try to download again from the Beta thread, updated the zip file with better detection.
Tell me how it goes for you.

-TT

Reply #469
a litle question wich entry must i Tag (id3Tag) in File for show the artist country flag left in details?

The tag is %artistcountry%, I'm using the full name, i.e "United States". You can also use country codes, i.e US.
If you want to display the flag in Details, you need to activate Options > Details > Show artist.

-TT

Reply #470
Btw @naraganset,

if you're using fb2k v2 x86, you don't need the monkey decoder anymore.
I've just read that it is already included:

Component no longer needed under foobar2000 v2.0 and newer, the functionality is built-in.

-TT

Reply #471
@naraganset,

try to download again from the Beta thread, updated the zip file with better detection.
Tell me how it goes for you.

-TT

@TT

You are great, now it works great.
thank you very much.

Reply #472
if you're using fb2k v2 x86, you don't need the monkey decoder anymore.
I've just read that it is already included:

@TT

I don't use it, but thank you for the info

Reply #473
Btw guys,

I'm glad you like the theme. If you want to support me, tell your friends/mother/father/sister/brother and
grandparents and promote Georgia-ReBORN on the internet/forums etc. So more people can find this theme and try it out.

It would be also great if some other developer could join the team and help with Georgia-ReBORN and tell Mordred to come back!
You can send him a PM and tell him I've send you to say "HI" to come back to HydrogenAudio:
This is his profile: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?action=profile;u=69413

-Tom

Reply #474
Hello Tom,
of course i will write Mordred KLB a Message...
yes i will tell my friends what a nice and great theme Georgia-ReBORN is.
Maybe i will whrite in the future in german Forum and will present your theme.

And a litle question..
i dont no why ReBorn dosen't show both Record labels logos are displayed. if i tag just one label rhina or warner bros. then he shows me the Logo

regards