Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP3 Hardware (Read 4861 times) previous topic - next topic

MP3 Hardware

Hi,

I posted this in off-topic forum:

Subject: Microboss MP3players

Anyone any experience with this brand?
http://www.microboss.de/mp3/defaultprodukt.htm They make a lot of fancy mp3players. But every player seems to miss some functionality.

Especially the MICROBOSS MP3 Flamenco III seems very cool to me:
MP3 Player & Read/Write device for Compact Flash up to 2GB (yes IBM microdrive supported)
But it says only mp3's up to 192kbps are supported.

Anyone tried this one with HQ VBR?

But I guess it won't be read often. So I also post it here for more reactions. I think a MP3 hardware forum would be better, although I already hate the amount of fora now.
Any better idea's?

Yes I'm also not happy with the r3mix-Mayhem split-up.
To much to search in to little time.

Greetz,
H_Indewarrie

MP3 Hardware

Reply #1
Originally posted by H_Indewarrie
But I guess it won't be read often. So I also post it here for more reactions. I think a MP3 hardware forum would be better, although I already hate the amount of fora now.
Any better idea's?

Anything which is related to audio/audio encoding, can go in the General Forum here since it is on topic.  Anything which is related to those 2 things but leans more in the direction of a functionality in regards to a single format, should go in the general forum for that format.  Other than that, for now the forums are going to stay the same since I don't think more would do any good.  I removed your post from the off topic section since you posted here also, and moved this to the general mp3 section.

Btw, you can quickly see where there are new posts by using the "view new posts" on the front page in the "User Login" tab under "Options".  This will show you every thread which has been updated since your last visit.  You can also view updated threads quickly from the front page under the Latest Discussions.  Further steps are being taken to streamline the forum viewing experience here, but at the moment I'm trying to finish up my latest tweaks to LAME first.

Yes I'm also not happy with the r3mix-Mayhem split-up.
To much to search in to little time.

Project Mayhem != r3mix.net, it is a entirely different idea and I wish people would see it as that.  There are also MPC, AAC, and Vorbis users here which were not overly welcome at the r3mix.net forum (for obvious reasons) which are quite pleased with this site.  In addition, the ultimate goal of this site once things start to pic up more, is to provide truly objective information about quality in the FAQ system, for each format, and to provide a set of high quality, free, cross-platform tools for audio manipulation.

As for the mp3 player you ask about, I have not heard about it myself.  However, any mp3 player which says it only plays up to 192kbps mp3s I would be very skeptical of.  If that is the case.. chances are that it might not play vbr either (even if it is within those boundaries).

MP3 Hardware

Reply #2
Hi,

if you want a good MP3/DVD/SVCD/CDDA Player, then I recommend one of the TYT 2000 clones.

MP3 is played very well, 32 up to 320 kbit/s, VBR of course, too.