Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Chronflow (Read 476889 times) previous topic - next topic

Chronflow

Reply #125
It freezes on me after I point it at my collection. 5 minutes and still nothing.

Chronflow

Reply #126
I will try to address the error but I really think it's some odd problem with some files in my folders. I've got over 1000 folders in my collection, so this might take some time

Another thing that's kinda strange is the fact that when I start the program for the first time it takes some time to load and is really slow and takes a lot of time to react on any input. When I close it and restart it directly again it works properly and smooth.

Chronflow

Reply #127
@joen
Do you maybe have a very old PC? What's your hardware setup?

Define very old  It's by no means a supercomputer anymore but I wouldn't call it very old.
AMD 2600+, 1GB RAM, nForce2 motherboard, nVidia 6200a graphics card (256 MB).

Chronflow

Reply #128
Chrone i Got to give it to ya that cover flow works perfect . it would be nice to click on the cover and get all the tracks to a playlist. beautiful work ... THANK YOU

Chronflow

Reply #129
Like Saberrider, the alpha1 used to crash when launched without arguments, but the alpha2 works great, it seems you found the bug.

Chronflow

Reply #130
Very nice work!

Chronflow

Reply #131
I'm thinking about removing the alpha support, because I don't really see any reason why someone should have transparent covers. Or can anyone explain me, why you need alpha support for covers?

Chronflow

Reply #133
Hey Chronial

Your cover flow looks really nice. Can't wait for foobar version.

Perhaps you could make the flow speed adjustable? If I hold arrow button down, even my core2duo goes to 100% usage and I need to wait for the covers to load. Nice it's using both cores though.

Also I'd like to second the request for antialiasing and other eyecandy

Chronflow

Reply #134
i have my folders listed as %artist%\%album%\%discnumber%

therefore i'm getting duplicate images for multi disc albums. Is there a way you could work around this? or do i need to change my dir structure

Chronflow

Reply #135
i have my folders listed as %artist%\%album%\%discnumber%

therefore i'm getting duplicate images for multi disc albums. Is there a way you could work around this? or do i need to change my dir structure

you could name your tracks like [%disc%][%tracknumber%. ]%title%  (just an example), that way you wouldn't need the %discnumber% folder, and your tracks would sill be grouped by the disc number.
the result would be

Artist\Album\
101. track1.mp3
102. track2.mp3
103. track3.mp3
201. bonus1.mp3
202. bonus2.mp3
folder.jpg
back.jpg

Chronflow

Reply #137
Chronial, that is amazing. Have you considered running a newer version of Windows in VM ware or something?

I must say, foobar will be complete for me if someone develops CoverFlow for it.

I cannot wait.

Chronflow

Reply #141
Hi!

Maybe, they exchange their knowledge and make only one component?
It would be easier for us as user.

Bye

Chronflow

Reply #142
Hi!

It would be easier for us as user.

Bye

Agreed! I reallllllly love Chronials cover flow spiral thing he had going on. That was awesome, and it'd be sweet in foobar. Hopefully having a cover flow component already available doesn't discourage you Chronial, cause you have some good ideas for yours .
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

Chronflow

Reply #143

I don't think the one component thing is going to happen. I'm writing this component to gain experience with opengl, the win32api and so on. I guess bubbleguuum's motives are similar.

But well - the night is late - I'm going to sleep. But there is some beta-testing to do. Please try it out, find all the bugs (if there are any ) and also tell me if you experience performance drops compared to the standalone version.

http://chron.visiondesigns.de/foobar2000/f...flow_v0.1.0.zip
(Don't look for the "Playlist Mode" - it doesn't exist. You also need to recreate the panel for changed Settings to take effect)

Chronflow

Reply #144

I don't think the one component thing is going to happen. I'm writing this component to gain experience with opengl, the win32api and so on. I guess bubbleguuum's motives are similar.

But well - the night is late - I'm going to sleep. But there is some beta-testing to do. Please try it out, find all the bugs (if there are any ) and also tell me if you experience performance drops compared to the standalone version.

(Don't look for the "Playlist Mode" - it doesn't exist. You also need to recreate the panel for changed Settings to take effect)

Hi,

Thanx for your 1st beta release  but it doesn't for for me => nothing appear when using it as a panel under panelsUI

i'm using foobar 0.9.4.5 and PanelsUI 0.14.9

Bye

Chronflow

Reply #145
Nothing appears for me either. I also don't know what to put in the database query :S. Thank you for releasing a beta tho .

EDIT:

Oh, I am using Foobar 0.9.5 beta 8 with Panels UI 0.14.12 on Windows XP if that matters .
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

Chronflow

Reply #146
It doesn't display anything if the filter does return nothing. Just try entering "1" as the filter.
Here is the language for the filter (taken from autoplaylist help)
Query format:

Simple search:
* "<any string>" - returns only items that have all words from specified string in their metadata / tech infos / file path.

Advanced search:
* "<field> HAS <string>" - returns only items that have all words from <string> in metadata field named <field>, e.g. "title HAS blah".
* "<field> IS <string>" - returns only items where (at least one) metadata field <field> is equal to <string>, e.g. "artist IS blah".
* "* HAS <string>" - same as simple search, but can be combined using logical operators (see below).
* "<pattern1> AND <pattern2>" - performs logical AND operation on two search patterns, e.g. "artist IS blah AND title HAS blah". You can also enclose patterns in parentheses to control order of logical operations, e.g. "(artist IS blah) AND (title HAS blah)".
* "<pattern1> OR <pattern2>" - same as above, but with OR logical operation.
* "NOT <pattern>" - inverts results of <pattern>, e.g. "NOT comment HAS sucks".
* "<field> GREATER <number>", "<field> LESS <number>", "<field> EQUAL <number>" - performs integral number comparison between <field> value and <number>, e.g. "date LESS 1998".

Note 1 : <field> and <string> in HAS/IS operations should be enclosed in double quotation marks (") if it includes spaces.
Note 2 : If <field> in HAS/IS/GREATER/LESS/EQUAL includes at least one of #$% characters, it will be treated as title formatting string, e.g. " "%__codec%" IS MP3". Using title formatting string instead of simple field name will decrease search speed and break multiple field handling in IS operator.
Note 3 : All search operations are non-case sensitive. All operator words *must* be uppercase.

Chronflow

Reply #147

Seems to be working well; fast load (+600 albums) and no apparent slow downs when it's running.

(0.9.5 DUI/Dockable Panel)

Chronflow

Reply #149
Here: "Realease of DC and RC failed" then "release device context failed" then "could not release hWnd" and nothing appears.

But I'm keeping on testing

It was bubblegum plugin interfering, sorry.

Edit Is it designed to show the red X and couldn't load image if the directory has no image? Cause currently,  I have got a lot of them for no reason.

Edit 2 In fact, when closing, this two pop up appear: "release device context failed" then "could not release hWnd" (not linked to bubblegum plugin: I deleted it from my component directory to test if it was because of it)(but the displaying panel works normally)

Edit 3 works fine for the moment on a huge collection, very nice CPU usage: 0 when stopped and around 25% when using it on a 2,8Ghz. Already fine settings. If you have time to continue to play with this plugin, it could turn out to be really nice.