Skip to main content

Topic: Need Help With Browser Search (Read 4977 times) previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
  • mikaronni
  • [*]
Need Help With Browser Search
hi,

so i'm sort of new to foobar. i set up everything using the columns ui and it looks great and suits my preferences well. the only problem is, the browser is not showing anything under artists except <MISSING>.
the format is set to $if2(%artist%,<MISSING>), the sort has an asterisk in it, and precedence is 1. All my music files in foobar are tagged with artist names. how do i fix this? my album browser is working just fine, so i do not know what is wrong.

  • mikaronni
  • [*]
Need Help With Browser Search
Reply #1
still need help, anyone know what the problem is?

Need Help With Browser Search
Reply #2
The problem is the missunderstanding of the $if2(if,then) command.

$if2(%artist%,<MISSING>) means that if a %artist% is available, then <MISSING> is returned.And this works like it should.

It must be $if(%artist%,%artist%,<MISSING>)
  • Last Edit: 20 May, 2008, 09:02:05 PM by Spirit_of_the_ocean

  • shakey_snake
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Moderator
Need Help With Browser Search
Reply #3
The problem is the missunderstanding of the $if2(if,then) command.

$if2(%artist%,<MISSING>) means that if a %artist% is available, then <MISSING> is returned.And this works like it should.

It must be $if(%artist%,%artist%,<MISSING>)

No, no that's not his problem.

The logic of $if2() is $if2(a,else), as he has done correctly.

His problem is something else.
elevatorladylevitateme

  • kanak
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Need Help With Browser Search
Reply #4
The problem is the missunderstanding of the $if2(if,then) command.
$if2(%artist%,<MISSING>) means that if a %artist% is available, then <MISSING> is returned.And this works like it should.
It must be $if(%artist%,%artist%,<MISSING>)


No, the OP's usage is actually correct:

Quote
$if2(a,else)
Like $if(a,a,else) except that a is only evaluated once.

(Foobar titleformat reference).

  • mikaronni
  • [*]
Need Help With Browser Search
Reply #5
ok, i have tried the different $if2() and it has not worked. so shakey snake is right, the problem is something else. what else could it be?

here's a picture for reference, sorry it's a little blurry, but you should be able to make everything out
set up
  • Last Edit: 26 May, 2008, 08:35:31 PM by mikaronni

  • mikaronni
  • [*]
Need Help With Browser Search
Reply #6
bump: does anybody know a solution to this problem?

  • kanak
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Need Help With Browser Search
Reply #7
bump: does anybody know a solution to this problem?


Try using CUI's Filter Panel instead of the browser panel. It should be faster, and should hopefully not have the same problem.

  • eddy@
  • [*][*][*]
Need Help With Browser Search
Reply #8
I ever used foo_browser component. There is nothing wrong with your settings. I don't know why, either.
I just want to tell you that cwbowron (the developer) has stopped developing his components.
You can use foo_facets by Frank Bicking. (for Default UI)
Or just like kanak said: use Filter panel from Columns UI.
These two panels are even better than browser panel.

  • mikaronni
  • [*]
Need Help With Browser Search
Reply #9
well i tried resetting all my layout options on foobar and it somehow started working now. thanks for the help everyone