Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: adding wavpack support to a Digital Audio Player that has Android 6 (Read 4097 times) previous topic - next topic

adding wavpack support to a Digital Audio Player that has Android 6

Hello,

I have an ibasso dx200 DAP, which plays everything except wavepack files (.wv). I have many wavpack (normal, low, high) files. Ibasso has it's own custom media player, I can flash the firmware with custom software or code. Is there a code that can insert into the firmware or custom media player that tells the device's custom media player to open the wavpack file and treat it as a flac file?

Re: adding wavpack support to a Digital Audio Player that has Android 6

Reply #1
If it's actually running Android you can just load another media player that has wavpack support.

Unless the stock player source code is available, it is very unlikely that you will be able to add new formats to it however.

Reply #2
Support a gazillion lossy formats yet only one lossless. How hard is it to add wavpack ? Google are idiots.

A solution in the meantime:

http://powerampapp.com/

Reply #4
Thanks will try out foobar and poweramp

Reply #5
::

...or this one:

GoneMAD Music Player

Regards, ...

::