Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [request] ui panel read external txt file.. (Read 1854 times) previous topic - next topic

[request] ui panel read external txt file..

Hi! I actually need a very simple simple plugin.

should be an user interface panel that point into an external txt file (if this file exst).
It should have customizable path.. (example %path%\%filename%(without extension).log)
and (possibly) customizable "what to show" (example: find lines containing "accurip" and %tracknumber%), but this could be more difficult.

could be useful to read .accurip files (without open containing dir in external explorer) or to other external .nfo or .log files, often included in some release.

maybe something like this already exist..but i couldn't find any.
moreover, it should be very simple to build (knowing how!!) from any lyrics plugin that search for local db or form "text display" plugin, adding the possibility to look for external files.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Reply #1
i've written a script for WSH panel mod that can do this. it's named simple text reader inside this .zip:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/samples.zip

please read the instructions carefully.

i don't use lyrics myself but this is the only actively developed component i know of: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=90338

Reply #2
thanks for this, witch seems very useful! but can't get it work...

Error: WSH Panel Mod (Simple Text Reader v6.2013-01-23.01 by marc2003): Errore di run-time di Microsoft JScript:
Il server di automazione non può creare l'oggetto ((automation server can't make the object))
File: C:\Program Files (x86)\_MM\foobar2000\marc2003\common6.js
Ln: 995, Col: 2
<source text only available at compile time>

what am i doing wrong?

----------------------

SOLVED: RTF MANUAL!!