Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Looking for a freeware 64 bit Stereo Convolution VST (Read 698 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for a freeware 64 bit Stereo Convolution VST

I hope this is the right place to ask, as it is my first time posting outside the foobar2000 sub forum. I use a couple stereo impulses I found several years ago when I listen to music on headphones, and foobar2000 has a stereo convolution component that works perfectly with them. No problems there. I want to also use these impulses for listening to other things, such as music in a web browser. I have EqualizerAPO installed, and while it doesn't have a built-in stereo convolver (only mono), it does accept 64 bit VSTs. After searching for several hours, I have only found 32 bit VSTs, expensive paid-for VSTs, and one technically-free 64 bit VST that requires me to enter payment information in order to download (hmm...). Would anyone be able to link me to a good one? Again, I need a freeware 64 bit Stereo Convolution VST (usually these are labeled as True Stereo Convolution Reverb VSTs).
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Re: Looking for a freeware 64 bit Stereo Convolution VST

Reply #1
I was able to register ConvologyXT from a Google link and download it from the main site. You can't use it without a serial number, but it is free to get one. No help needed anymore.

Link in case anyone stumbles across this thread:
https://impulserecord.com/cvxt-library-downloads/

Reply #2
I would be careful with VST plugins, used on of them as convolver, and it was not implemented correctly at all.

Reply #3
I have EqualizerAPO installed, and while it doesn't have a built-in stereo convolver (only mono) ...
Isn't it possible to configure 2 mono convolvers, one for one channel and one for another?

Reply #4
I would be careful with VST plugins, used on of them as convolver, and it was not implemented correctly at all.
Thanks for the heads-up. It took some configuring, but now the VST in EQAPO sounds just like the Stereo Convolver for foobar2000 with the same impulses. I had to combine them into one 4-channel .WAV for it to work, and the VST shows it as TS (True Stereo). The order of channels for ConvologyXT is as follows:
1. Left to Left (direct)
2. Left to Right (crossfeed)
3. Right to Left (crossfeed)
4. Right to Right (direct)

To respond to danadam, no I don't think that would work. If you're using crossfeed, the plugin needs to work in stereo, otherwise it just turns everything into mono.

Reply #5
True Stereo convolution works by convolving Left and Right input channels with different 2 channel IR (so IR file must have 4 channels), so it gives output of 4 channel. The output of 4 channels are later properly mixed to give 2 channels output.