Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: mp3gain analyze time (Read 3942 times) previous topic - next topic

mp3gain analyze time

Can anyone tell me why does mp3gain sometimes take too much time to analyze a song? It doesn't bother me but I would like to know just "for the record".
Heavy Metal Is the Law!!!
---Let 'Em Eat Metal---

mp3gain analyze time

Reply #1
Please, learn to find the right sub-forum before you start a thread.

And PLEASE, resize your avatar, it's driving me nuts, to see that goatseness.

Oh, and it has to decode the song and analyze it, so it will of course take some time.

mp3gain analyze time

Reply #2
Is now the avatar ok pal? And I don't mean this explanation for mp3gain.

I mean why some songs take remarkably a lot more time than others to be analysed.
Heavy Metal Is the Law!!!
---Let 'Em Eat Metal---

mp3gain analyze time

Reply #3
I mean why some songs take remarkably a lot more time than others to be analysed.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=314086"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Maybe because they're remarkably longer? Or there might be some synch errors in those files (I'm not sure of this causes a proplem, but it might)
Give some more info on those files that cause a problem.
Life is Real...
(But not in audio :) )

mp3gain analyze time

Reply #5
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't mp3gain take a long time analyzing complete silence?  Perhaps the tracks that are slowing down have significant amounts of silence in them.