Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: my EAC currently rips very fast (Read 9120 times) previous topic - next topic

my EAC currently rips very fast

Reply #25
okay heavymetalwiseone, i did what you said too. i ripped the same track with CDex and it clicks still.

PS. im going to try to find out how to update my audio drivers now.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=320393"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I might have missed it, but did you try your ripped files on another computer or portable mp3 player?  That should confirm the presence of clicks in the files.

Reply #26
GSA-4163B hmm.. this is the very lastest (at the time of writing) dvd write drive from LG. If you think the drive is in cause (and can confirm this) you can do an RMA it's still under warranty by LG. Just make sure the problem is really the drive.

Edit: Sorry I didnt read the whole thread before posting this... it seems like a sound card issue to me. Try sending the files to a friend or better, another computer you have (or can control) to see if the files have the same problem.

Reply #27
whoa, i just ripped the same track and put it on my mp3 player, and it sounds perfect!

that blows me away. so i guess i should go ahead and update my soundcard drivers?

Reply #28
or even change your audio card
Heavy Metal Is the Law!!!
---Let 'Em Eat Metal---

Reply #29
yeah, well i updated it, and it still sucks.

its only an onboard soundcard, but the problem is that i bought an
m-audio 2496.

im just a student and i dont have THAT much money to throw around. it would be nice if i could use the 2496 for my soundcard, but i dont think thats what its for. (as in i cant plug in my computer speakers to it.)

ANY IDEAS?

Reply #30

m-audio 2496.

im just a student and i dont have THAT much money to throw around. it would be nice if i could use the 2496 for my soundcard, but i dont think thats what its for. (as in i cant plug in my computer speakers to it.)

ANY IDEAS?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Don't you just need a minplug to RCA cable?
Like this one:
[a href="http://www.audiogear.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?key=AdptMniJ-LRRcaM&preadd=action]http://www.audiogear.com/cgi-bin/shopper.c...M&preadd=action[/url]

Reply #31

m-audio 2496.

ANY IDEAS?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=320785"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You bought a great soundcard and know what it's for?  Of course you can hook powered speakers to it.  You just need an adapter.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Reply #32
I see the possibility of running in PIO mode (vs desired DMA) hasn't been ruled out if the clicks are in truly in the files themselves (that is...embedded themselves during initial rip...not subsequent encodes).

Xen edited excerpt below link is from this...

http://www.michna.com/kb/WxDMA.htm

"Right-click on My Computer, select Properties, click on the Hardware tab, click on the Device Manager button, click on the plus sign to the left of IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller, double-click on the primary IDE channel, click on Extended Settings (Advanced Settings tab in XP) and check the setting (if transfer mode says PIO then change to DMA when available."

Now check your secondary IDE channel. Supposedly XP fixed the PIO/DMA problem (link describes the circumstances where XP will switch to PIO from DMA) but maybe yours changed somehow (or your not running XP).
No one can be told what Ogg Vorbis is...you have to hear it for yourself
- Morpheus

Reply #33
ahh skuzzle butt, i knew those had to exist. i was just to lazy to look myself.

dreamliner: i use it for the midi, and i can hook a mixer etc up to it.

Reply #34
how do i make it so thats my default sound card.

EDIT: thats the stupidist question i ever asked. ignore it.

Reply #35
I think I see your problem--

Under 'EAC Options' and the 'Interface' tab, you are supposed to have the 'installed external ASPI interface' button checked.  There's a trick--you have to download ASPI separate.

From The Coaster Factory:

ASPI?
One of the most occuring problems with EAC is an absent, outdated or damaged ASPI layer. Windows 9x/ME come with an almost antique ASPI layer and Windows NT/2000/XP even come without an ASPI layer. The ASPI layer is a small piece of software that controls the communication between cd-rom drives and Windows programs. An audio extractor like EAC of course can't work without it. It may be obvious that EAC needs a well working ASPI layer.

A very good ASPI layer at this moment is the one that comes with Ahead Software's Nero. It's strongly advised to use this ASPI layer. To make EAC recognize the Nero ASPI layer all you have to do is to copy the file WNASPI32.DLL from the Nero installation folder to the EAC installation folder (default: C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy\). If you don't have Nero installed, you can download WNASPI32.DLL here ( http://www.nero.com/eng/WNASPI32.DLL.html ).

If you experience problems with the ASPI layer later on and you use Windows NT, 2000 or XP, you can try the Native Win32 interface for Win NT & 2000 in EAC (from the EAC menu choose EAC Options and then go to the Interface tab). You must restart EAC for the changes to take effect.

------

Good luck!