Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Newb need help with a Foobar them that fits a low-res TV! (Read 3569 times) previous topic - next topic

Newb need help with a Foobar them that fits a low-res TV!

Hello all!

Ive been using foobar for 4+ years or so and I have recently bought a new computer to act as a media center server and the foobar theme Im running on my regular PC doesnt quite fit. Ive been searching through the forum for themes made for TVs but I havent really found anything that fits. I have a 32inch widescreen old regular TV that runs in 960x600. And since its an old regular TV everything must be big, no small details, they wont be visible or readable.

Anyone who can help me find a theme that fits this?

I also wonder one thing, I own a Nintendo WII and I read and posted in this thread. I might as well ask that in this thread too  Is it possible to control Fubar with the WII remote?

Reply #1
Do you look for something like this?

Reply #2
Shameless plugging of my own config, but the text is big and it could be fitted to a "smaller" screen quite easily:

[a href="http://xs218.xs.to/xs218/07334/foog.png" target="_blank"]
Les mots d'amour...

Reply #3
Shameless plugging of my own config, but the text is big and it could be fitted to a "smaller" screen quite easily:

What font is that (the main one, displaying the artist/title and album)? Your configuration looks very nice, and of course very uncluttered.

Reply #4

What font is that (the main one, displaying the artist/title and album)? Your configuration looks very nice, and of course very uncluttered.

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/fontfont/ff-din/medium/

Les mots d'amour...

Reply #5
I like both of them! Probably a newb question but cant I see the playlist in those two themes?

EDIT: sorry for taking time to reply, forgot I had the forum set to email notification and my oooold email adress

Reply #6
I like both of them! Probably a newb question but cant I see the playlist in those two themes?

EDIT: sorry for taking time to reply, forgot I had the forum set to email notification and my oooold email adress

In my setup I have 2 "tabs", 1 with the fancy looking now-playing info and one with the playlist, browser, queue etc.

So the question is: do you want to have a nice looking config, or a functional one? Because fitting albumart, now playing info, progressbar, playlist, search box, queue, browser etc. all on a 960*600 screen...I don't think so 

What I thought was that you were looking for a multimedia-pc like display  Like Apple's front row.
Les mots d'amour...

Reply #7
Looking nice as always nice but functionality is more important and as you said, having any nice looking features in 960x600 on an old unsharp TV seems kind of hard

http://hem.bredband.net/mattspor/foobar.bmp

This is the one Im running now, its old foobar 8.3 with some old theme I found several years ago. Ive tried foobar 9.x several times but never got it working good enough and never found and understood any new good themes :/

For the TV I would like a similar theme, basically just a playlist but a more nice looking one than that one. Are there themes that have two tabs that you talk about but with just the simple playlist and one tab to show the image and info about the album when I listen to albums?

Apples front row?

Hmm this forum is very weird.. nothing works like in any of the other forums Im used too..  Cant post my pic I wanted here. Ohwell.