Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Best All-purpose Wireless Headphones You Can Buy for 100 Bucks (Read 1483 times) previous topic - next topic

Best All-purpose Wireless Headphones You Can Buy for 100 Bucks

I'm totally ignorant regarding this subject but would like to get some, never had any, purchasable in Europe.

What kinda wireless tech is recommended? Range isn't a concern, I'd always be within a 3-feet range from my TV set.
Battery life could be, gotta last at least 120 mins.

I'd connect'em either to my sintoamp or soundbar.

Any other info I should provide?

Thanks.
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

Reply #1
I don't own wireless headphones, but my usual recommendation for headphones or speakers is, "go to a retail store and listen for yourself."  It's also a good idea to try headphones on for comfort.

Another consideration for headphones is "open" or "closed".  Most headphones are closed so they block most outside sounds.  Open headphones let outside sounds in (and they "leak" more sound out).  For home listening, that's usually just a matter of personal preference (I generally prefer open headphones).    For certain pro applications you need isolation.

Sennheiser is a "good brand" they offer a selection of wireless headphones.  I don't know what Koss has to offer in wireless, but Koss headphones are covered by a lifetime warranty if you want to consider that.    There other brands with good reputations too, so those are just suggestions not recommendations.

Published specs are generally worthless for evaluating sound quality, but you might find reviews useful.    GoodCans.com has reviews with a minimum of "audiophile nonsense", but they sell headphones and they only review/recommend what they sell.  You can try Head-Fi.org, but I have the impression there's a lot of nonsense on that site.

Tastes and preferences vary, so one expert may say headphone A is best (or better) and another expert may say headphone B is best.    It's not totally  subjective but above a certain price-point a more-expensive headphone may not sound better to you (or to any particular listener)    But, I don't have a good feel for that price-point when it comes to wireless headphones.  And, headphones are tricky to measure because of the way they interact with the ear, and different people have different shaped ears, so a headphone may actually sound different to different people.

Reply #2
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Will explore the sites you've suggested.

Course I'll test a shortlist with my ears, but gotta narrow down the options to that first.
Not looking for an audiophile product, gonna use'em for movies and sporting events mainly.

I'll go for closed ones, even better if noise cancelling.

Is RF or Bluetooth recommended please?
EDIT: Got it from GoodCans: Keeler is best http://goodcans.com/HeadphoneStore/index.p...dex&cPath=7 !
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100