Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: audio 24bit/96Khz not work in dvd-player (Read 3710 times) previous topic - next topic

audio 24bit/96Khz not work in dvd-player

hi,i have three dvd player,all dvd player is compatible DAC 24bit/192khz but not play DVD-A  :(
 i burn two dvd-a from .iso image and not play,i think the DVD-A not compatible with players?or which format extension with 24bit/96 or 192 khz need to burn for play in DVD?

Re: audio 24bit/96Khz not work in dvd-player

Reply #1
Yes, i believe DVD-A is a different standard than normal DVD, and is rarely supported by DVD players.

So you need to create a video with audio support by normal DVD. If you want lossless 96khz then PCM is your only choice.

See this Wiki article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Video#Audio_data

"PCM: 48 kHz or 96 kHz sampling rate, 16 bit or 24 bit Linear PCM, 2 to 6 channels, up to 6,144 kbit/s; N. B. 16-bit 48 kHz 8 channel PCM is allowed by the DVD-Video specification but is not well-supported by authoring applications or players;"

DTS also supports 96khz samplerate, but that is a lossy format. And lossy with high samplerate is just madness imho.

Reply #2
@Mark7 thank you,please tell me how.
So i have flac and wav audio with 24bit/96khz and 192khz.Tell me software(i prefer free)to convert audio file in video file with PCM 24/96khz ?

Reply #3
To create DVD-video with PCM 24/96khz (with menus) you can use lplex + DVDStyler
Or only lplex if you do not need any menus.
192 kHz audio need to be converted to 96 kHz first (lplex can't do it). You can use foobar2000 with plugin foo_input_dvda to do conversion and downsampling directly from DVD-A to PCM.
Also, notice that you can't use 96/24 for multichannel audio on DVD. Only stereo is allowed with 96/24. See last table on page - http://www.mpeg.org/MPEG/DVD/Book_B/Audio.html

Reply #4
rollin is verry hard lplex is same linux with command in .ini file etc. :(
how proced?i want 2 channel 24/96
put in folder 14 trak audio in 24/96.wav with one photo and drag and drop to lpex icon ,i not undesteand?
the point is: out with two folders: video_ts in format mpeg2 with photo or black image and with song in PCM and audio_ts empty
i not undesteand the procedure with this soft,the steps.
or simple mpeg2 to burn same data

Reply #5
out with two folders: video_ts in format mpeg2 with photo or black image and with song in PCM and audio_ts empty
That's correct.   On a "normal" DVD, AUDIO_TS is empty.  AUDIO_TS is for DVD-Audio.

There are very-specific file format/structure requirements so you can't just "burn" the audio files and get a standards compliant disc.   It requires DVD authoring software.  

On a regular (video DVD) the audio is multiplexed with video in VOB files.   All DVD players are required to support LPCM or Dolby AC3 (in the VOB container).   DTS is optional so if a DVD has DTS audio it must also have an LPCM or AC3 track.    (PAL players must also play MP2 audio.)

DVD-Audio discs have VOA files in the AUDIO-TS folder.   (I've never had an player that can play DVD-Audio.)

There are "universal" discs with both formats and these will play in a regular DVD player.   Usually the "video" on a universal disc is a still image. 

There are also "audio only" DVDs with blank video or a still-image.    These will play on any DVD player.

Commercial DVD authoring software such as Corel Video Studio or Cyberlink Power Director should be easier to use than the free applications.

Many DVD and Blu-Ray players can play regular WAV, MP3, or FLAC files so that might be worth a try if you just want a disc for yourself and it doesn't have to on every DVD player.   

Reply #6
i not undesteand the procedure with this soft,the steps.
There is good info on lplex page about how to use it.
I once made video tutorial about creating DVD with lplex and DVDStyler, but commentary is in russian laguage, so it barely can be useful for most of people. https://youtu.be/A8_0RubbqPs

Reply #7
thank you all,i create with lplex video dvd with songs(from wma 96/24 audio-songs) but i have one problem in windows properties-detail audio sample rate: 96khz,bit rate 4608kbps but in software: mediainfo bitrate 1048kbps,audiosample 32khz/24bit ,so which is true?

link image: https://ibb.co/GJY5QCT

Reply #8
Mediainfo is wrong in this case. Audio in files is 96/24.
ffmpeg/ffprobe is able to display info correctly for such files.