Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: A PC DVD-Player Able to Read DVD-Audio Discs? (Read 3132 times) previous topic - next topic

A PC DVD-Player Able to Read DVD-Audio Discs?

So, these new sound cards (Terratec, Sound Blaster, M-Audio...) are capable of playbacking dvd-audio quality music, I was just wondering is any (PC) DVD-player capable of reading the discs? And is there any software for playing them? :

Reply #1
or is it DVD-drive with Personal Computers? Whatever, you understood my point (didn't you?).

PS. OMG those typos!  <-- getting nuts

Reply #2
All computer DVD drives can read DVD audio, but not play them. Like DVD video, a software is needed (like PowerDVD, WinDVD etc for video).

Only one software is available : the DVD audio player of the Soundblaster Audigy 2. It is part of the soundcard drivers, and it mutes all digital outputs when a DVD is played.
It is probable that the next 192 kHz cards from Terratec and M-audio will come with a proprietary software to play DVD-A too.

Reply #3
The M-Audio Revolution (Revo) will come with DVD-Audio software included.

Not so sure about the new Terratec line.  I haven't been able to find ANY information on this card.  Search for it.  It's like it doesn't exsist except on the official Terratec site and an one or two other sites that are just showing you the same information that is on the terratec site.