Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Small bug: foobar can write WavPack tag but not delete it on DSD file (Read 1384 times) previous topic - next topic

Small bug: foobar can write WavPack tag but not delete it on DSD file

I think I have found a small bug.
As the title says, it is currently impossible to delete a tag field from a WavPack-encoded DSD file. It is however still possible to add a new tag field. When having deleted that tag field again in the small tagging window, and then clicking apply, the value immediately reappears. Rather annoying when you accidentally entered something in the wrong field. I need to use wvtag.exe to delete the field and then use 'reload info from file(s)' from the context menu to work around this.

Interestingly, deleting a tag field from regular PCM WavPack files works normally.

Using foobar 1.4.2 on Windows 1809
File is not playing while editing tags

I can happily provide a test file or any further details if necessary.

Re: Small bug: foobar can write WavPack tag but not delete it on DSD file

Reply #1
You use foo_input_sacd to handle WavPack-DSD? If so, this is foo_input_sacd's bug. You can try to report it on https://sourceforge.net/p/sacddecoder/bugs/ Native fb2k's wavpack reader can properly edit/delete tags in wavpack-dsd (yes, fb2k natively supports playback of wvapack-dsd (since version 1.3.13)).

Re: Small bug: foobar can write WavPack tag but not delete it on DSD file

Reply #2
Ah yes, that's it. When I remove foo_input_sacd, the tagging works again as expected.
I did not expect that that plugin would have anything to do with tagging.

Thanks for your help!