Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MathAudio Room EQ for Foobar2000 (Read 139165 times) previous topic - next topic

MathAudio Room EQ for Foobar2000

Reply #50
Idea: Android  support would be nice, just load the correction file and listen to the music.

Reply #51
First, thanks for your work on this component.  Simple to use and it has made a great improvement in what I'm hearing from my little PC sound system.

Two things:

I didn't find any release notes or change log on your website.  I've updated three times now, would be interested to know what gets fixed or changed with the new versions.

Also, I'm wondering if there is a simple way you could suggest to make a "before and after" measurement to more objectively evaluate the effectiveness of the filtering.  The results sound good to me, I'm curious what the measured response actually looks like on a graph.

Thanks again for one of the very few add-on components that actually makes Foobar sound better.

Reply #52
First, thanks for your work on this component.  Simple to use and it has made a great improvement in what I'm hearing from my little PC sound system.

Two things:

I didn't find any release notes or change log on your website.  I've updated three times now, would be interested to know what gets fixed or changed with the new versions.

Also, I'm wondering if there is a simple way you could suggest to make a "before and after" measurement to more objectively evaluate the effectiveness of the filtering.  The results sound good to me, I'm curious what the measured response actually looks like on a graph.

Thanks again for one of the very few add-on components that actually makes Foobar sound better.

All the latest updates can be qualified as “minor polishing”. No features added. For example, VST v2.4.8 includes a more convenient installer.

There is a simple method to evaluate the accuracy. You can connect the input of your sound card with its output by means of a RC circuit with cut-off frequency of about 1..2 kHz.  Then you can measure the frequency response of the RC circuit using Room EQ and compare it with the calculated frequency response. You can take the necessary formulas from  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RC_circuit
The measured frequency response must coincide with the calculated frequency response. After that you can correct the frequency response using Room EQ and check the linearity of the resultant frequency response using sinusoidal signals of different frequencies.

There are a few other parameters that can be verified. Two of them have crucial importance: absence of pre-echo and absence of resampling. It is relatively easy to automatically equalize a room, but it is much more difficult to do it without pre-echo and resampling. The corrected sound becomes unnatural if it includes even a small amount of pre-echo. The absence of pre-echo in MathAudio Room EQ can be easily checked using any DAW and wave editor. The absence of resampling can be checked by means of FFT analysis.

Reply #53
Hello

I'm a MAthaudio french user

It does really great job

I take the measures with my Anthem MRX microphone (with calibration file)

Is this a suitable microphone ?

thanks

Reply #54
Hello

It does really great job

thanks

The Anthem MRX microphone is a conventional measurement microphone, so it must work with Room EQ.

Reply #55
Hello

It does really great job

thanks

The Anthem MRX microphone is a conventional measurement microphone, so it must work with Room EQ.

Yes, it works perfectly but my question was about the microphone Anthem's quality compared to UMIK (for example)

The Mathaudio curves are really closed to Anthem ARC curves

Reply #56
Yes, it works perfectly but my question was about the microphone Anthem's quality compared to UMIK (for example)

I don't have a personal experience with the Anthem MRX microphones, but I think that the presence of the individual calibration file is a good sign. IMHO, there should be no much difference between UMIK-1 and your microphone.

Reply #57

I don't have a personal experience with the Anthem MRX microphones, but I think that the presence of the individual calibration file is a good sign. IMHO, there should be no much difference between UMIK-1 and your microphone.

Thanks !

Curves with Mathaudio 2.8 and :

DAC Matrix i-mini  (coax)
Vincent SP331
Infinity Kappa 8.2i

Reply #58
News
A new version of the plug-in has just been released. The new version includes a point-to-point drawing feature. Simply use the right button of your mouse to draw straight lines.

Reply #59
News
New version released (v2.5.2).
The new version is compatible with Windows 10. It also includes the latest version of Foobar2000 SDK.

Reply #60
Thanks

The 2.5.1 version works fine with windows 10

Reply #61
Thanks

The 2.5.1 version works fine with windows 10

The 2.5.1 version doesn't normally show the "In/Out" window when you click the "In/Out" button (only on Windows 10). This problem is solved in the 2.5.2 version.

Reply #62
News
New version released (v2.5.3).
The sampling frequency range is extended up to 384 kHz.

Reply #63
News
New version released (v2.5.4).
The new version can read calibration files of iSEMcon measurement microphones (they use decimal comma instead of decimal point).

Reply #65
News
New version released (v2.5.4).
The new version can read calibration files of iSEMcon measurement microphones (they use decimal comma instead of decimal point).

Hi!

I tried to install the new version today but the installer blocked my computer. Win10.

After two restart now all working. I don't know what happens.

Reply #66

I've just tested the installer with both x32 and x64 versions of Windows 10. Everything works normally. This new version of the Room EQ plug-in uses exactly the same installer as it was used in the previous version. You may want to scan your computer with Avira Free Antivirus for safety.

Reply #67

I've just tested the installer with both x32 and x64 versions of Windows 10. Everything works normally. This new version of the Room EQ plug-in uses exactly the same installer as it was used in the previous version. You may want to scan your computer with Avira Free Antivirus for safety.

I did everything, no viruses, no registry problems, all OK now. But I needed two restarts to recover my PC.

Reply #68
Great plugin! My home setup is not high end and the biggest problem is that on some frequencies you can hear resonance from one low frequency which is quite hard to locate and adjust using most of common equalizers.

Two tips from my side.

Go to Preferences->Playback->Output->Buffer length and change it to quite low. I used 6s for normal playback but because of that any change in MathAudio needed to pass 6s buffer to apply. Note that reducing it to low value will also change Fading fields because they need buffer to be applied.

Second tip is that I heard no difference until I've moved conversion to surround after MathAudio. Otherwise MathAudio was applying only to stereo I guess.

Reply #69
I just installed from fresh the FooBar2000 and the MathAudio (I had very old versions) and did a new calibration, and the result was way better than before! Thanks for the new version!!!

Reply #70
Wonderfull plugin !
I spent most of the night playing with it and it definitely brings significant sound improvement to my hifi setup. Congratulations.

Re: MathAudio Room EQ for Foobar2000

Reply #71
News
New version released (v2.5.6).
EXE installer is replaced with a ZIP file.

Reply #72
News
New version released (v2.5.7).
Minor algorithm improvements.

Reply #73
Hello I'm from Brazil an excellent system pity that I can not use because my dac IFI only works of foobar using the super audio CD decoder plugin. Any new version will enable it?

Reply #74
Hello I'm from Brazil an excellent system pity that I can not use because my dac IFI only works of foobar using the super audio CD decoder plugin. Any new version will enable it?
It looks like your IFI dac supports PCM: http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/nano-idsd/
I don't have any personal experience with that dac, however, if it really supports PCM, it should work with Foobar2000 without the decoder plug-in. It is possible that you need to select the correct output device in the Foobar2000 settings.