Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: tag problem (Read 4143 times) previous topic - next topic

tag problem

it contains both a id3v1 and id3v2 tag, they look identical in winamp. this sample shows the same behaviour as the full file.

just a clarification; winamp 2.7.x displays the tags correctly, it also reveals what types of tags. what I meant with 'identical' is that both sides (v1/v2) looks the same in WA.

tag problem

Reply #1
Alrighty!

Downloaded, played in foobar2000, junk characters appear. Played in Windows Media Player 6.4, same junk characters.

Works fine in Winamp 5 beta 2, and tag.exe reads it fine.

However, when opened with MP3Utility, this is what I get:
Tag version: 1.0
Title: mirror original version
Artist: Straydog
Album: Mirror Vinyl
Year: 2001          Genre: Trance
Comment: *SRM* efnet #SCREAM

Tag version: 3.0;   Length: 4,281 bytes;   Track:
Title:   m
Artist:   S
Album:   M
Year:   2          Genre:
Comment:

So I re-opened in Winamp, removed ID3V2. Then copied ID3V1 -> ID3V2. Saved. Reopened in foobar2000 - voilà, works fine!

I suspect the fault lies with the tagging program used - wrong character set, perhaps? If you know which one it is, let us know.

BTW - do you realise your sample is 3 seconds over the limit, you pirate?!?!?!!?

Cheers,
a drunk CD

Edit: added mp3utility report.

Edit2: added accent over a in voilà. It matters, you know. And the pirate accusation.