Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls (Read 426455 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 DeskBand Controls

Reply #525
I just installed it, works great for me. Thank you very much eldarien! :)

Reply #526
There is a memory leak in this plugin, which is very annoying as I have to constantly restart explorer.exe in order to get my memory back. It happens gradually over time after it plays a bunch of songs, and it's really noticeable when you remove and add the deskband constantly from the taskbar. Can you please fix this?
Hi Starsam80! Can you share your config and provide more details about your setup? How many is a "bunch of songs" in your case? How many songs are in your playlist? What OS version are you using?

Reply #527
Hello and Thank You for this Componet! Its very flexible in customizing. Superb :-)

I stumbled upon it, because the AdvancedControls stopped working recently and I was looking for a software newer than 2011 :-)

Gladly, I found this peace of software for my Windows7 64Bit System.

Of course, I have some questions :-)

a)
How will it be possible to have those two "links" on the bottom of the tooltip window clickable?

b)
Double-clicking on the Album Art in the Taskbar will shows up foobars main window.
Is it possible to hide foobars main window again with another double-click on the Album Art?

b1)
Can you add a setting for just open the foobar windows with a single click, instead of double clicking?

c)
I like the settings "Hide if foobar2000 is not running: no" and "Hide if not playing: no"
how is it possible to start foobar2000 if I double-click on the Album Art/Stub Image at the Taskbar?
start f2k?

d)
I'm on foobar2000 portable mode.
While trying to test the deinstall (via uninstall.cmd), I recognized, that after the batch was run, no explorer.exe was startet again. That leaves the Windows OS & me without any icons or Taskbar 8-} I solved the issue with just starting another explorer.exe process and all Icons and Taskbar were visible again. Maybe you could check in your batch if there is an explorer.exe process after restarting to finish the deinstallation? It'd help users which don't know what to do. (There are plenty of threads on the stackoverflow site afair)

e)
I'm on foobar2000 portable mode.
How is it possible to enter a Stub image relative to the foobar2000 installation folder?
My foobar2000 install is here: E:\m\p\f2k\
My stub-image is located here: E:\m\p\f2k\foo_httpcontrol_data\kevo\nocover.jpg
Your Installation is here: "C:\Program Files\DeskbandControls"

Maybe something like "Stub Image Path" = "..\..\foo_httpcontrol_data\kevo\nocover.jpg"
while "..\..\" is relative to the E:\m\p\f2k\user-components\foo_deskband_controls\ folder

f)
I guess, its not a good idea to install your components dependencies (*.dll + uninstall.cmd) to the portable device, as it leaves a bad situation, if the portable device is removed without deinstalling the dependencies first, BUT can we define another location for %CommonProgramFiles% anyways?

g)
Is it possible to have the tooltip only showing up, when hovering over the Album Art, *not* over the playing controls?

h)
Can you add a simple import/export settings function to the context menu (or the settings)? so that the usersettings/profiles can be imported from one system to another.

h1)
how can I remove a profile?

Well....needless to say, that your component is still running great!
Thanks again.

Reply #528
Hi fuffi!

Thank you for such a nice list of suggestions! I'll see what I can do, but can't promise when.

Reply #529
I have install it but I don't see it in the preference :( I use foobar2000 portable. I dream that someone can create a version of DeskBand Controls that work with the foobar portable version, and without install file in my PC. So, exactly all the other component ;)

Reply #530
I have install it but I don't see it in the preference :( I use foobar2000 portable.
I was there too 8-) and did not find anything...
because...
DeskBand Controls is a windows utility/feature/program/whatever. It works in your Windows Taskbar.
Its not located within f2k.
The f2k component is "only" (as far as I understand) needed to install some important files to your windows installation and check each f2k-start if the install is correct. Thats mainly all.
You can configure the tool (not the component) as described in the help, which was very helpful :-)

For the portable part. Mainly, it works with the portable f2k version, BUT (big but) after closing f2k, you need to manually remove/uninstall the installed DeskBand Controls from your windows host. There is an uninstall.cmd in the install-dir of the DeskBand Controls. Use it, and everything is gone, the host computer is clean then. (Configs stay in the windows registry, which is good for you, but not for the host...)

If uninstalled, the next time, you start f2k, the DeskBand Controls are installed again (via the component)...but what to do. its a great tool!

(Maybe the developer could add a switch to the fine component, that -when f2k is closed- hides the DeskBand Controls in the taskbar. (you can also hide it manually, but we are all lazy...) That would be a good compromise between uninstalling it every time the user quits f2k, and leaving a DeskBand Controls window open, which cannot be used without f2k, and might irritate the host)

Reply #531
Hi Starsam80! Can you share your config and provide more details about your setup? How many is a "bunch of songs" in your case? How many songs are in your playlist? What OS version are you using?

Sorry for the late reply, I never got a notification. I've attached my config and my OS is Windows 10 version 1607 x64. Since it happens over time, roughly 100 songs? You don't have to play through the entire song, just clicking next a bunch of times will also work. I also notice it leaks when you right click the taskbar and disable and enable the "Deskband Controls" toolbar a bunch of times and the amount of songs it plays doesn't matter.

I also don't know if this helps at all, but are you freeing the memory used for the album art? When I tried to debug it for myself, a bunch of memory allocated is used for the album cover, but I can't tell if it is being freed.

Reply #532
(Maybe the developer could add a switch to the fine component, that -when f2k is closed- hides the DeskBand Controls in the taskbar. (you can also hide it manually, but we are all lazy...)
But its already present - See settings / foobar2000 plugin / Hide if foobar2000 is not running.

Reply #533
I have install it but I don't see it in the preference :( I use foobar2000 portable.
I was there too 8-) and did not find anything...
because...
DeskBand Controls is a windows utility/feature/program/whatever. It works in your Windows Taskbar.
Its not located within f2k.
The f2k component is "only" (as far as I understand) needed to install some important files to your windows installation and check each f2k-start if the install is correct. Thats mainly all.
You can configure the tool (not the component) as described in the help, which was very helpful :-)

For the portable part. Mainly, it works with the portable f2k version, BUT (big but) after closing f2k, you need to manually remove/uninstall the installed DeskBand Controls from your windows host. There is an uninstall.cmd in the install-dir of the DeskBand Controls. Use it, and everything is gone, the host computer is clean then. (Configs stay in the windows registry, which is good for you, but not for the host...)

If uninstalled, the next time, you start f2k, the DeskBand Controls are installed again (via the component)...but what to do. its a great tool!

(Maybe the developer could add a switch to the fine component, that -when f2k is closed- hides the DeskBand Controls in the taskbar. (you can also hide it manually, but we are all lazy...) That would be a good compromise between uninstalling it every time the user quits f2k, and leaving a DeskBand Controls window open, which cannot be used without f2k, and might irritate the host)

thanks for all the explanation but for me it is too complicated and not worth it because it is not a "fundamental program". I hope that in the future someone will rewrite it and that it will function as a normal component of foobar200

Reply #534
New to foobar2000. I liked this plugin so much I just made an account just to thank you - this plugin is amazing.
I really appreciate the level of customization of the layout.

Future update ideas:
- For users running multiple monitors, allow them to choose which monitor/taskbar for Deskband to appear on. If i want Deskband to appear on a secondary monitor taskbar, my only option (that I'm aware of) is to make it a floating window and find the exact coordinates on the secondary monitor's taskbar (I am on windows 10).
- *This one is definitely a luxury*: Have the playlist popup, like the current tooltip album art, with a customizable interface and ability to scroll through the entire playlist and select whatever song (possibly even edit song order via dragging). I'm aware of the playlist that appears when you right click Deskband, but if you want to see the whole playlist you either have to open foobar or make the context menu very very long.

A bug that I encountered:
- I accidentally made the height and width of the album art to 0 and 0 (the one that appears in Deskband, not the tooltip album art). This caused explorer to crash.

Anyways, only positive things to say about this plugin! Greatly appreciate your work on this, can't thank you enough!

Reply #535
  * Version 3.4.0
  - Fixed display of '&' symbol in playlist.
  - Fixed admin rights detection in install scripts when Server service is disabled.
  - Fixed crush when album art size is set to 0.
  - Changed volume control handling to better match with foobar2000 volume control behaviour.
  - Fixed memory leak in album art handler.

Reply #536
  - Changed volume control handling to better match with foobar2000 volume control behaviour.
Hopefully it scrolling could also follow volume step setting of foobar2000

Reply #537
(Maybe the developer could add a switch to the fine component, that -when f2k is closed- hides the DeskBand Controls in the taskbar. (you can also hide it manually, but we are all lazy...)
But its already present - See settings / foobar2000 plugin / Hide if foobar2000 is not running.
U're right :-) Great.

Another question about profiles:

When I load a profile, say "test1" and then close the settings and open it again, the profile <new profile> is shown.
Thats irritating.
Think of a user which has 4 presets and boots the computer after a long period. How would he know, whats the name of the actual loaded profile is? It would be userfriendlier if the name of the loded profile would be visible in the pulldown menu after starting the settings-windows.

Reply #538
* Version 3.4.1

- Volume control now follows volume step setting of foobar2000.

Reply #539
It doesn't apply immediately, the first step when scrolling, it using previous value.
Is it known issue/limitation? After that it works with the value on the advanced setting
Thank you for making it possible. Great :)

Reply #540
Since the 3.4.0 update, I got a lot of those errors (unfortunately, only in german language).
My OS is Win7 64Bit,

Code: [Select]
Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.ArgumentException: Ungültiger Parameter.
   bei System.Drawing.Image.get_HorizontalResolution()
   bei Deskband.Core.Common.ImageHelpers.HQResize(Image image, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean preserveAspect)
   bei Deskband.Core.Controls.dcPicture.SetImage(Image image)
   bei dcmFoobar2000.Code.Controller.UpdateAlbumArt(Image image, Boolean stub)
   bei dcmFoobar2000.Code.Controller.HandleAlbumArt(Byte[] imageBytes, Boolean stub)
   bei dcmFoobar2000.Code.MessageForm.FireEvent[T](EventHandler`1 eventHandler, T eventArgs)
   bei dcmFoobar2000.Code.MessageForm.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
    Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 4.6.1099.0 built by: NETFXREL4STAGE.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
Deskband
    Assembly-Version: 3.4.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 3.4.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DeskbandControls/Deskband.DLL.
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
Deskband.Core
    Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DeskbandControls/Deskband.Core.DLL.
Ninject
    Assembly-Version: 3.2.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 3.2.2.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DeskbandControls/Ninject.DLL.
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
dcmFoobar2000
    Assembly-Version: 3.4.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 3.4.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DeskbandControls/dcmFoobar2000.DLL.
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly-Version: 0.0.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll.
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll.
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly-Version: 9.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 9.0.1.19813.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/DeskbandControls/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL.
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll.
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll.
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll.
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll.
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
mscorlib.resources
    Win32-Version: 4.6.81.0 built by: NETFXREL2.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.
System.Drawing.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.resources.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

Reply #541
fuffi - please share your config (located in %AppData%\Roaming\DeskbandControls\ and also image that is causing problems ( I assume this is some album art).

Reply #542
It doesn't apply immediately, the first step when scrolling, it using previous value. Is it known issue/limitation?
It is now. Will be fixed in next update ;)

Reply #544
Anyway I actually think foobar's volume step setting should be like of this component cause this component has more accurate volume slider.
For example when slider is in the middle it actually sounds like half of maximum volume unlike foobar's slider.

Reply #545
fuffi - please share your config (located in %AppData%\Roaming\DeskbandControls\ and also image that is causing problems ( I assume this is some album art).
I'm deeply sorry, I had to deinstall. Too many errors made working with windows nearly impossible (error popup was always in front of all other windows and needed to be clicked away).

Next time I'm near the computer, I will try to get the settings.

Please tell me, what do you mean by "and also image that is causing problems". The problem occoured not only on one single song.
I hope, I can find those songs again....

Reply #546
Is it possible to remove these black bars behind the text and add shadows for the text instead?

Reply #547
Is it possible to remove these black bars behind the text and add shadows for the text instead?
Not currently. But I am planning to add transparency to the texts on tooltip.

Reply #548
Hi, I just discovered Deskband by accident to replace Truelaunchbar/adv controls and am liking it a lot so far.  8)

Just one question and I apologize if it's been answered in this thread already but is there a way to stop Deskband disappearing when I click on "stop" or "pause" please?

Reply #549
Just one question and I apologize if it's been answered in this thread already but is there a way to stop Deskband disappearing when I click on "stop" or "pause" please?
Hi afx77.
Sure there is a way, take a look at the following options (Set them to No):