Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: METAFLAC - cue-sheet error "line too long" (Read 2243 times) previous topic - next topic

METAFLAC - cue-sheet error "line too long"

This thing nearly costs me my nerves. Here's the situation:

I have a Live-DJ-Mix Album (Thunderdome '96-Dance Or Die)

Each DJ has it's own track with several subtracks (which are also documented on the cd back cover)

Since i know there is a way to import a cue sheet into the meta-data of a FLAC file i wanted to do that for every single file with manually generated cue-sheets.
I've done this thing only once for a whole mix-CD (not for a single track) and it worked fine 

Here's the data (cue-sheet) i made:

Track 3 -> Neophyte In The Mix [03_Neophyte_In The Mix.flac]

Code: [Select]
PERFORMER "VA"
TITLE "Thunderdome '96 - Dance Or Die"
FILE "03.wav" WAVE
 TRACK 01 AUDIO
   TITLE "The Thunder Anthem"
   PERFORMER "DJ Weirdo"
   INDEX 01 00:00:00
 TRACK 02 AUDIO
   TITLE "Rockin' Your Body"
   PERFORMER "Dr. Phil Omanski & Jeremy"
   INDEX 01 08:43:60
 TRACK 03 AUDIO
   TITLE "Young Birds"
   PERFORMER "DJ Weirdo & Dr. Phil Omanski"
   INDEX 01 11:55:60
 TRACK 04 AUDIO
   TITLE "Take It Easy"
   PERFORMER "Lords Of The Underworld"
   INDEX 01 15:41:6
 TRACK 05 AUDIO
   TITLE "Rip Shit Up"
   PERFORMER "DJ Mongoose"
   INDEX 01 18:49:30

The handling of the cue-sheet in foobar2k works just perfect. I can listen to every single subtrack with the right meta-data. But i just couldn't IMPORT this cue-sheet into the FLAC file itself 

This is the command line i used:

metaflac --import-cue-sheet-from="03_Neophyte_In The Mix.cue" "03_Neophyte_In The Mix.flac"

And this is is the resulting error:
03_Neophyte_In The Mix.flac: ERROR: while parsing cuesheet "03_Neophyte_In The Mix.cue" on line 23: line too long

I tried some of the other files too.. It was always the same error - always the last line. I just can't figure out what the problem is and really need help on this one. I struggle with this problem for more than 2 days now.
I tried to delete the PERFORMER, TITLE lines in the cue-sheet.. still the same problem, the only thing different is the line number (but it's still the LAST one).

Is it possible, that you only can import cue-sheets to a single file ripped from a whole CD, or am i missing something there?

Help would be REALLY appreciated

My System: (if this helps solving the problem)

Win2000 Professional [SP4]
FLAC 1.1.0 / EAC 0.95
Foobar2000 0.82 (with foo_cue_ex)

Kind regards,

Daniel
Keep the SPiRiT

Reply #1
Your cuesheet is probably missing a newline character at the end of the last line.

Ciao,
Roeland.

Reply #2
Thanks darelon

I never took in consideration to ADD something since it was "too long", so i always removed things.

But the NEWLINE (pressing enter ) at the end of the file indeed solved the problem.

You're my hero! ^^

Kind regards,

Daniel
Keep the SPiRiT