Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1341687 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #2500
It's strange, but my discogs app on android phone doesn't display images too....

Reply #2501
If somebody finds something don't forget to post it here!!!!

Reply #2502
Now it works.....it's a mystery....

Reply #2503
hi zoomorph,

what does this error message on this release want to tell me and how can I fix it (on discogs or with a setting in your fine component) ?
Code: [Select]
(FATAL) Error: Error loading release 515: JSON Parser Exception\u0000 is not allowed

[ESCAPE to close]

Reply #2504
(FATAL) Error: Error loading release 515: JSON Parser Exception\u0000 is not allowed

[ESCAPE to close]
u0000 is a 'null' character, which is present in the notes of the release page:
"The sound of X Couleur 3"
X being the Null character foo_discog trips on. So if you remove that and resubmit this release it should parse I would think.
Hope this helps.
c.

Reply #2505
X being the Null character foo_discog trips on. So if you remove that and resubmit this release it should parse I would think.
Hope this helps.
Thanks,
and why is it not allowed in the component, but allowed in the discogs database?

Reply #2506
Hope this helps.
Thanks,
and why is it not allowed in the component, but allowed in the discogs database?
It shouldn't be allowed in the database and provides zero value, but it seems that it is allowed. It's not allowed in the component because it's not supposed to be allowed in JSON and the component uses a JSON parsing library which throws that error.

Reply #2507
Thank you for explanation!
I see.

Another question:

My mapping for VINYLTRACK is:
$multi_if($multi_or($multi_strstr($put(fmt,%<RELEASE_FORMATS_NAME>%),'Vinyl'),$multi_strstr($get(fmt),'Acetate')),%TRACK_DISCOGS_TRACK_NUMBER%,)
When writing tags from this release, I get

"B1; B1"

instead of (my expectation...)
"B1"

Does anybody know, what I'm doing wrong? (to get only "B1")

Reply #2508
Another question:

Why is the fine component creating a 5CD release, when it is actually a 3CD release?
(Trackcounting is freshly started for CD4 and CD5 which do not exist.)

Reply #2509
Thank you for explanation!
I see.

Another question:

My mapping for VINYLTRACK is:
$multi_if($multi_or($multi_strstr($put(fmt,%<RELEASE_FORMATS_NAME>%),'Vinyl'),$multi_strstr($get(fmt),'Acetate')),%TRACK_DISCOGS_TRACK_NUMBER%,)
When writing tags from this release, I get

"B1; B1"

instead of (my expectation...)
"B1"

Does anybody know, what I'm doing wrong? (to get only "B1")
%RELEASE_FORMATS_NAME% is an array of length 2. The formatting string should be improved to handle releases with multiple formats.

Another question:

Why is the fine component creating a 5CD release, when it is actually a 3CD release?
(Trackcounting is freshly started for CD4 and CD5 which do not exist.)

The component can't parse track positions like "3-09 (a)". This is either a misuse of track positions OR a case where Discogs' track positions are not well defined and so they can't be parsed reliably and some obscure cases will be missed.

Reply #2510
Thank you,
I will try modifying the formatting string.

meanwhile, another question:
it seems legal to use no separator for artists, like in this release but the result after writing the tags to the file is not very convenient. (we could use a script "Skip multiple artist fields", but SPACE is a bad separator for names.

Is there any way to tell the component (or the formatting string for artist) to seperate with ";" and not SPACE so that we have multiple artists, not just one single string?

So that
artist1 artist2 artist3
will be
artist1; artist2; artist3

After reading the "foo_discogs_help.html" I'm not sure about the $joinnames function. It seems, there must be a fix number of join fields?

$ifequal(%TRACK_TOTAL_HIDDEN_TRACKS%,0,$joinnames(%<ARTISTS_NAME>%,%<ARTISTS_JOIN>%),$join($unique($array($joinnames(%<ARTISTS_NAME>%,%<ARTISTS_JOIN>%),$joinnames(%<TRACK_HIDDEN_TRACKS_ARTISTS_NAME>%,%<TRACK_HIDDEN_TRACKS_ARTISTS_JOIN>%))),' / '))

Reply #2511
it seems legal to use no separator for artists, like in this release but the result after writing the tags to the file is not very convenient. (we could use a script "Skip multiple artist fields", but SPACE is a bad separator for names.

Is there any way to tell the component (or the formatting string for artist) to seperate with ";" and not SPACE so that we have multiple artists, not just one single string?

So that
artist1 artist2 artist3
will be
artist1; artist2; artist3

After reading the "foo_discogs_help.html" I'm not sure about the $joinnames function. It seems, there must be a fix number of join fields?
The join field is not supposed to be empty as per Discogs guideline 2.6.1.

I suppose you could change your formatting string to replace empty join fields with a default such as "," or ";" if this was a big problem. Personally I would probably just update this release on the database.

Reply #2512
Just a tip here in case anyone was getting this error.

(FATAL) Error: Authorization Failed (401) [Is OAuth working?](url: https://api.discogs.com/oauth/request_token)

[ESCAPE to close]

Make sure that your system time is set correctly. I dual boot Mint and Windows 10, foo_discogs was working fine in Mint, but not in Windows 10. I realised that there is some conflict between the two OSes on my system, where the Windows 10 time gets set 2 hours off every time I boot it after being in Linux Mint, which causes this error in foo_discogs.

Fix the system clock time and OAuth works. (I found this fix only because foo_audioscrobbler was also giving a message in the console suggesting to ensure your system time isn't off).

Tag not removed when updating?

Reply #2513
I have a problem with removing tags while updating. I use for DISCOGS_TRACK_CREDITS the formatting $zip($join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>>%),' - ',$join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%)) with write + update.

After updating when track credits have been removed from discogs the files still have the tag. Writing will proper remove the tag.

Anyone else seeing this? Cheers.

Reply #2514
I am unable to 'test' existing token, or 'authorize' a new one. Seems it is able to make a request (can see the url in console) but then doesn't seem to make any progress. The same urls are working fine in a browser. Did not have any success with portable install too.

Running on XP, tried with all security software disabled (in safe-mode). Are there any dependencies? I might have uninstalled some libraries, while troubleshooting a recent OS crash.

Reply #2515
Your OS version never came up on IRC. Windows XP doesn't support the new encryption used by Discogs, so if it uses native OS networking API it won't work.

Reply #2516
Your OS version never came up on IRC ...
Wasn't aware of the change in discogs encryption system, so didn't occur to me that OS could be an issue. Thx :)

Reply #2517
hi zoomorph,

I discovered that on some releases, the master release year is set to 0,
https://www.discogs.com/x/release/1633542
https://www.discogs.com/de/master/view/555129

while on other releases it is not set, when not/no master is available.
https://www.discogs.com/x/release/1540840

So I updated the default formatting string for the %MASTER_RELEASE_YEAR%

from
[%MASTER_RELEASE_YEAR%]
to
[$ifgreater(%MASTER_RELEASE_YEAR%,0,%MASTER_RELEASE_YEAR%,)]

Hope, it helps someone and maybe it can get its way to the delivered formatting strings defaults, because 0 is not a valid year (IMHO), and it could break some nice scripting :-)

Reply #2518
I have a problem with removing tags while updating. I use for DISCOGS_TRACK_CREDITS the formatting $zip($join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>>%),' - ',$join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%)) with write + update.

After updating when track credits have been removed from discogs the files still have the tag. Writing will proper remove the tag.
Hmm.. so you saying, that when writting the tags, an existing tag, which is removed from the discogs database is also removed from the file,
but when updating the tags, that existing tag is NOT removed, but remains in the file?

Some guys might don't want to have tags removed, when updating their files, because they only want the "newest" tags and keep the old (and valid or worthy) ones....

I don't remember exactly, if we had this a long time ago, but you can try this in the configuration of this great component:
Configuration -> Tagging -> Write Tags Options -> "Remove any pre-existing tags"

Reply #2519
Good day.
Need help with the plugin discogs_foo.

1). You need to put the style of music for the release.
 If the release indicates for example two styles, then in the field of the tag "STYLES" it is written like this:
New Wave; Synth-pop
But in the STYLE field of the version tag, this semicolon (";") is perceived as a carry (I do not know how to articulate exactly) and accordingly the style is prescribed in a file in several different fields, like so:
TXXX (Description: STYLE): New Wave
TXXX (Description: STYLE): Synth-pop
and in the program I need, so the style is not displayed, but if you put the styles through commas, everything normal is displayed.
actually the question is: a script is needed so that if there are 2 or more styles indicated in the release (on the release page), then they would be written in one line, separated by a comma (or via /), and not a semicolon in different fields of the tag.

Prompt please the syntax. !

2). What variant of settings for recording tags in Foobar is better to choose so that there are less problems when displaying tags in different programs (players, cataloguers, etc.) especially if you use little used and rare fields in the tags of music files?

P.S . The old version of the GUI plug-in with a choice of downloadable fields and search settings was more convenient, maybe over time?

Thank You

Reply #2520
Heya,
no offense - english is not my first language either - but I have no idea what you mean with some of the above...

As for the discogs style question - to me it sounds like you want to reformat a field, and pump the value with different formatting into another field... (?). For something similar, I use this and find it the most convenient:
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_masstag

Hope this helps.
c.

Reply #2521
a script is needed so that if there are 2 or more styles indicated in the release (on the release page), then they would be written in one line, separated by a comma (or via /), and not a semicolon in different fields of the tag.
Try adding the $join() function to the formatting string for that tag.

Reply #2522
actually the question is: a script is needed so that if there are 2 or more styles indicated in the release ...
If STYLE is set up in f2k Advanced Settings as a multivalue field
and
you already have some tags with COMMA as the separator, then you could easily use the f2k Masstagger script "SPLIT FIELD BY SEPARATOR", and run it over those* files you want to replace the "," with ";".

*You can find those* files by checking the file properties for "tag1, tag2" instead of "tag1; tag2",
or use the Media Library Search with "GENRE HAS ," as a search therm.
(But caution, there are STYLE Names, which include a comma, like i.e. "Folk, World, & Country".
I personally use the search term "(GENRE HAS ",") AND NOT (GENRE HAS ", & " )" for finding commas in my tags.)

Reply #2523
Hi people.

I have a petition about %RELEASE_NOTES% & %ARTISTS_PROFILE% fields.

In releases like Björk ‎– Utopia the release notes gives a lot of codes like

[a214033]
[url=https://www.discogs.com/Various-Sacred-Flute-Music-From-New-Guinea-Madang-Windim-Mabu/master/993375]'Sacred Flute Music From New Guinea: Madang/Windim Mabu'[/url] by [a943416]

Same thing happens with artists profile

[a=Kukl]

¿Would be possible to get only plain text for this fields?

I's weird to read sentences like "Thanks to [a2365659] @ [l1012]"

Thanks