Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New HDD and Mass lossless conversion (Read 6262 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: New HDD and Mass lossless conversion

Reply #25
If you are going to delete the old - and, assuming you have not already done so - I would have used a utility that deletes duplicates by name and/or by content, to see if there is anything left uncopied / unconverted.
If you do that a clever way, you could possibly detect if there were any files too corrupted for fb2k to even recognize as FLAC.
Audiotester can be very useful to find corrupted FLACs, which are too corrupted to be recognized by fb2k as FLACs, before mass conversion. Also it is multi-threaded, so much faster than foo_verifier.

Reply #26
Well yes, you're right, I appreciate that :) Unfortunately the old are already deleted, so I can't test them anymore.
I checked everything as carefully as possible, made sure that there were the exact number of files on each hard drive, and that all the tags looked OK.
I didn't know about your utility. Well, maybe next time, lol.
Again, thank you very much for your efforts. I like your "paranoid" side, I tend to be the same. ;)

Reply #27
If you have complete albums, and have saved cue sheets or log files (or the files have AccuraterRip ID tags, which I do not think EAC writes) you can let CUETools check against AccurateRip. Albums that verify should be complete ;)

CUETools may write results to tags, so you can search your media library afterwards. Of course, if you alter your 34k files that way, then  you are probably in for another 'verify integrity' session.