Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Changes in layout in 0.58 (Read 6871 times) previous topic - next topic

Changes in layout in 0.58

I have major feature request:
  • Clicking on "=" (or another character selected instead of "=") will cause jump to time - just like seekbar, but not bloating one. With this option available "Components"/"Jump to time..." will become obsolete IMHO. This feature seems to be most important ... for me.
Minor requests:
  • Make (default?) option to set automatically larger number of "=" (or another character selected instead of "=") when windows is large enough.
  • Consider packing database. Maybe using 7z format?
Foobar2000 v0.58 rocks, "[===============] <> X:XX / Y:YY" just increased functionality without bloating program with standard seekbars/indicators. Good idea, good work!

Just small info:
  • IIRC Garf said on IRC that indicator "- \ | /" is patented  (Garf, can You verify that?) I don`t see any problem with this, but I just want to tell you, Z - just for info.

Reply #1
Maybe I'm misreading part of your post.  But you can change the characters and the length in the title formatting script.  Here's what I changed mine to:

$select($add($mod(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,4),1),'^','->','v','<-')   '['$progress(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,%_time_total_seconds%,40,'+','-')']'    %_time_elapsed%[ / %_time_total%]

I changed the 'spinning characters', the characters for the time bar as well as the current position, and the length of the time bar to 40.
Master of Fate. By Fate Mastered

Reply #2
Or try this
%_time_elapsed% $progress(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,%_time_total_seconds%,60,'-','|') %_time_remaining%  '('%_time_total%')'

Reply #3
1) IIRC Garf said on IRC that indicator "- \ | /" is patented

Some Australian lawyer patented "circular transportation facilitation device" (also known as wheel), so nothing surprises me. One can't care about every stupid patent existing on this planet....

And as for the status bar - everything's just a configurable string, so I doubt that any of its parts will ever become clickable. I'm using this:
Code: [Select]
 [$upper($ext(%_filename_ext%))|]
[%__bitrate%k|]
[$div(%__samplerate%,1000)kHz]
$if(%__channels%,
$ifgreater(%__channels%,
2,%__channels%ch,$ifgreater(%__channels%,1,'(oo)','(o)')) ,)    
<tab>$if(%_time_total_seconds%,
'('$progress(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,%_time_total_seconds%,12,'I','-')')',)  
$if2(-%_time_remaining%,%_time_elapsed%)

[screenshot]

Reply #4
my progress bar:

'|'$progress(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,%_time_total_seconds%,20,'»','–')'|'

looks less ugly, uses straight line (no gaps) with that double arrow as indicator, kinda mimics a normal slider. another indicator thing could be.

|¦|
which i was using before.

Reply #5
THX guys for info!

First post redesigned.

My status bar:

[%artist% - ]$if(%title%,['['%[ #[%disc%/]$num(%tracknumber%,2)]'] ']%title%,%_filename_ext%) <> [%__bitrate%kbps ][%__samplerate%Hz ]$if(%__channels%,$ifgreater(%__channels%,2,%__channels%ch,$ifgreater(%__channels%,1,stereo,mono)) ,)[%__extrainfo%] $select($add($mod(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,2),1),'COBRA ','RULEZ ') '['$progress(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,%_time_total_seconds%,20,'#','=')']' <> %_time_elapsed%[ / %_time_total%]

Reply #6
Here's my progress bar:
'['$progress(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,%_time_total_seconds%,30,'FFFFFF|_|','FACCC9|')']'  '['%_time_elapsed%[ / %_time_total%]']'

It looks good on my desktop, but not as good for most other people.  Probably because of the font.

Also, here's my dancing Kirby indicator:

$select($add($mod(%_time_elapsed_seconds%,30),1),'<(^-^)v','<(^-^<)','^(^-^<)','^(^-^)^','<(-.-)>','(>.<)','<(O.<)','<(O.O)>','<(o.O)v','v(o.o)v','^(º.o)v','^(º-º)^','v(O.º)^','v(O.o)>','(>o.o)>','(>-.-)^','^(^.^)^','<(^-^)>','v(^.^)v','(>.<)','<(o.o)>','<(O.o)>','<(o.O)>','<(O.o)>','<(o.O)>','(>.<)','<(º.o)>','<(o.º)>','<(º.o)>','<(º-º)v'
)

Edit: I just realized this is the tech support forum.  Sorry for the rather useless post

Reply #7
bonj, I subscribe to the many faces of your dancing Kirby.

Reply #8
Messer, how did you change the playbackbuttons? I prefer yours over the original buttons, but i can't find a way to change them.

Reply #9
Messer, how did you change the playbackbuttons? I prefer yours over the original buttons, but i can't find a way to change them.

I guess this can be done with Resource Hacker!
But, I don`t know if Peter likes that we hack his program.. 

Reply #10
Yes, that's how I did it - but I don't recommend this method since it is a hack
I like to keep Fb2k window as small as possible and original buttons were simply too large for me. Perhaps this could also be configurable ("asci-art skinnable")?

Reply #11
@Messer:
How'd you get that little music note next to your currently playing track?

Reply #12
@Messer:

im guessing he used $if(%_isplaying%,$char(9835), )

wont work with all fonts,

Reply #13
@Messer:

im guessing he used $if(%_isplaying%,$char(9835), )

wont work with all fonts,

Indeed. The font used is Lucida Console (the only reasonable fixed-width font IMO)

Reply #14
The font used is Lucida Console (the only reasonable fixed-width font IMO)

i thought monofur (from dafont) was alright too. i used to use it in size 8 for playlist formatting.

Reply #15
i thought monofur (from dafont) was alright too. i used to use it in size 8 for playlist formatting.

I agree, nice font, but 'note' character is missing

Reply #16
  • IIRC Garf said on IRC that indicator "- \ | /" is patented  (Garf, can You verify that?) I don`t see any problem with this, but I just want to tell you, Z - just for info.

The patent certainly exists, but obviously it makes no sense to care for it - it's likely unenforcable in any case.

Reply #17
Hmm, I cannot open the file (version 0.586) with Resource Hacker.

Did you use a different version or res hacker?

Reply #19
Hmm, I cannot open the file (version 0.586) with Resource Hacker.

Did you use a different version or res hacker?

All files are UPX compressed (except in 7-zip archive) to make the download smaller. If you need to hack the executable use UPX to decompress the file first (upx -d foobar2000.exe).

Reply #20
thanks, it UPX worked perfectly

When working with Resource Hacker I found more programs being compressed. Is UPX the only widespread format, or are there other you should know of, if using ResHacker?

Reply #21
I believe UPX is the most powerful free executable compressor. In many cases, even outdoes most of the available commercial executable compressors. It also has a built-in decompression feature, so you can restore your executables to their uncompressed form on disk. (Whereas with most commercial compressors, they tout irreversible compression as a security feature, but usually some hacker will come out with a decompressor a few days/weeks after the release.)