Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_cue_ex (Read 46292 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_cue_ex

"This tiny little thingy allows you to store/read meta information in CUE sheets. No more database dependence! Put all your GENRE, DATE, COMMENT etc. tags straight in CUE. For melo-maniacs..
Also supports playlist->cue export/saving feature."

I cannot for the life of me see how to create a cuesheet from the current playlist

If I go to save the playlist I just get the options of fpl, m3u and m3u8.  If I right-click on the items I get nothing.  Nothing in the Components menu item.

Can someone explain where I should be looking please?
I'm on a horse.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #1
Check the Components menu, there are two new options there

foo_cue_ex

Reply #2
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286013"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am unable to find the "playlist->cue export/saving" feature in the plug-in, to generate a cuesheet from a playlist of mp3 files. I've searched for it all the menus (including the components menu) and context sensitive menus. I even looked for it in from the list of items to add in the context menu and main menu. I tried to find the menu options on two separate machines with similar, but not exact foobar2000 installations.

Here are the details of my foobar2000 setup:
- WinXP Sp2, with all the common updates
- latest special installer with complete installation
- I'm using the columns_ui component
- I'm using the latest version of foo_cue_ex (1.3.2)

Does anyone know what's going on or what I'm doing wrong?
Anish

foo_cue_ex

Reply #3

Mine simply has:

Show console
Record
Play audio CD...

Can those that can see extra options confirm what version they are using?  Can anyone point me to all earlier versions/an earlier version?

In Preferences, if I go to Component libraries, foo_cue_ex is listed.  However, it is not listed in the Components list (item below in treeview).

However, the same can be said for foo_bitcompare, and that works.

Edit: 1.3.2 here also (recently downloaded from http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/general.php)
I'm on a horse.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #4
In Preferences, if I go to Component libraries, foo_cue_ex is listed.  However, it is not listed in the Components list (item below in treeview).

Same here. I have quite a few more items in the components menu:

Cloumns UI
Extended Search
Extended Playlist Generator
Playlist Generator
Search Command
History
Record
Database Search
Show Console
Play audio CD
Visualization
Album List
Open XA files...
Add XA files...

Anish

foo_cue_ex

Reply #5
Another question, as I can't test for myself:

When you create the cuesheet can you choose to treat all items in the playlist as one source, even if they aren't?

I have seen an example of a foo_cue_ex-created cuesheet in this post, and it treats all source files as separate (so you have multiple FILE commands each with one TRACK with an INDEX 01 of 00:00:00).

However, the reason I want to use foo_cue_ex is to merge many files into one (n track files -> image file with cuesheet).  I can use Diskwriter to merge the tracks into one but without an accompanying cuesheet this will be useless.

So, I need to be able to say to foo_cue_ex "Look, I know these are currently separate files but write the cuesheet as if the songs are all tracks from one file".  I can then use Diskwriter to make them all one file.
I'm on a horse.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #6

Same here. I have quite a few more items in the components menu:

Cloumns UI
Extended Search
Extended Playlist Generator
Playlist Generator
Search Command
History
Record
Database Search
Show Console
Play audio CD
Visualization
Album List
Open XA files...
Add XA files...

Anish
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286081"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I too am having the same type problem with "foo_cue_ex", so I sent an email out to WigBaM (the author), to check if there is a problem with the Jan 05 update. If I recall correctly, this plugin did allow you to save a playlist as a cuesheet. I asked the the author to reply to my email here at the forum. Hopefully, he will reply soon.
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

foo_cue_ex

Reply #7
NB: I have just completed the alpha of a little VB app that will do what I want.

You drop a folder of (track) WAVE files onto the EXE and it merges them all into an one (image) WAVE file, and creates the accompanying cuesheet.

I've tested it against track WAVES that started off as a image with cue sheet and it all ties up nice and tidy (the original cue and new cue are identical, as are the image files).

I need to test a little more and make it a little more user-friendly before release.

I'll post a link in the next day or so in case anyone else finds it useful.
I'm on a horse.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #8
I'll post a link in the next day or so in case anyone else finds it useful.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286459"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I would surely be interested, so i'm looking forward to test it.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #9
OK, you can download the beta here.

To run it, either drag a folder onto the EXE, or call it from the command line using CUEMAKE.EXE <folder path>.

CUEMAKE will create a new WAVE file in that folder (CDImage.wav) by merging all WAVE files within the folder, and create an accompanying cuesheet (CDImage.cue).

The WAVE files will be merged in alphabetical order.  CUEMAKE expects the folder/file setup to be <artist>\<album>\<tracknumber> - <title>.wav.  If your files are in this format CUEMAKE will correctly add PERFORMER and TITLE meta data to the cusheet.

If there is enough interest for a future release my intention is to allow users to specify this mask, to fit the path scheme that they use.

E.g.: If you drag a folder called "C:\My Music\Green Day\American Idiot", and that folder contains all the tracks in the format "01 - American Idiot.wav", "02 - Jesus Of Suburbia.wav", etc. the artist will be set to "Green Day", the album to "American Idiot", track 1's title to "American Idiot", track 2's title to "Jesus Of Suburbia", etc.

Please read the readme for an up-to-date explanation (the above is now misleading).

I have tested this by splitting an image file (with cuesheet) into tracks using Foobar, and then using CUEMAKE to glue them back together again.  The cuesheet timings are exactly the same, Foobar reports the WAVE files to be bit-identical, the filesizes are exactly the same according to Explorer, and my Hex editor says the files are identical.

All suggestions for improvement welcome.

The application is written in VB6, and references the Microsoft Scripting Runtime (FileSystem object).

If you haven't installed (m)any VB applications on your PC you may need to install one or both of the following to get it to run:
I'm on a horse.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #10
Cool, thanks. I'll test it on some albums and let you know if I found something strange.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #11
Cool, thanks. I'll test it on some albums and let you know if I found something strange.

Yes, please do. Bear in mind it is still in beta. 

I have now uploaded version 0.2.  You can still get the previous version here.

This one will let you specify the mask for naming.

If you double click on the EXE the GUI (above) will appear.  This lets you create masks from which to add PERFORMER/TITLE meta data to the cuesheet.

You can save masks to an INI file and then select them from the dropdown list.  The mask visible in the dropdown when the GUI is closed using the OK button is the mask used when CueMake runs.  If there's no INI file (i.e.: no settings have been saved) the mask shown above will be used. You can now also drag a folder onto a blank area of the dialogue to process that folder.

This means that if your files are named:

"Green Day - American Idiot - Jesus of Suburbia - Track 02.wav"

... you can correctly populate the cuesheet meta data by specifying a mask of:

%artist% - %album% - %title% - Track %tracknumber%.wav

Use an empty tag (%%) to discard variable data.  E.g.: if you had year or genre information in all your track files, like:

"Rock - Green Day_American Idiot_2004 - Jesus of Suburbia, Track 02.wav"

... you could use:

%% - %artist%_%album%_%% - %title%, Track %tracknumber%.wav

Before merging, files will be sorted by tracknumber where available - or file path if the mask for some reason doesn't contain a %tracknumber% tag (which may be foolish).

Available tags for the mask are:
  • %album artist%
  • %album%
  • %tracknumber%
  • %artist%
  • %title%
Again, all feedback/suggestions for improvements welcome.  However, to preempt an obvious question, I really don't have the time to get this to work with any other files than WAVE (e.g.: MP3 or APE).  I will be using this app for lossless files, and I'm quite happy to decode to WAVE before the merge, and then encode back to lossless.  I'm afraid I just don't have the free time to learn how to do this with other files - WAVE files are a piece of cake to work with.
I'm on a horse.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #12

Yes, please do. Bear in mind it is still in beta. 

I have now uploaded version 0.2.  You can still get the previous version here.

This one will let you specify the mask for naming.

If you double click on the EXE the GUI (above) will appear.  This lets you create masks from which to add PERFORMER/TITLE meta data to the cuesheet.

You can save masks to an INI file and then select from the dropdown list.  The mask visible in the dropdown when the GUI is closed using the OK button is the mask used when CueMake runs.  If there's no INI file (i.e.: no settings have been saved) the mask shown above will be used. You can now also drag a folder onto a blank area of the dialogue to process that folder.

This means that if you files are named:

"Green Day - American Idiot - Jesus of Suburbia - Track 02.wav"

... you can correctly populate the cuesheet meta data by specifying a mask of:

%artist% - %album% - %title% - Track %tracknumber%.wav

Use an empty tag (%%) to discard variable data.  E.g.: if you had year or genre information in all your track files, like:

"Rock - Green Day_American Idiot _2004 - Jesus of Suburbia, Track 02.wav"

... you could use:

%% - %artist%_%album% _%% - %title%, Track %tracknumber%.wav

Before merging, files will be sorted by tracknumber where available - or file path if the mask for some reason doesn't contain a %tracknumber% tag (which may be foolish).

Available tags for the mask are:
  • %album artist%
  • %album%
  • %tracknumber%
  • %artist%
  • %title%
Again, all feedback/suggestions for improvements welcome.  However, to preempt an obvious question, I really don't have the time to get this to work with any other files than WAVE (e.g.: MP3 or APE).  I will be using this app for lossless files, and I'm quite happy to decode to WAVE before the merge, and then encode back to lossless.  I'm afraid I just don't have the free time to learn how to do this with other files - WAVE files are a piece of cake to work with.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286759"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Neil,

I am getting this error message "404 Not Found
There was no page found at this location. You may wish to report this to the owner of the site." when trying to access version 0.2.

Thanks!

Dirk
Surf's Up!

foo_cue_ex

Reply #13
Hi Neil,

There was no page found at this location. You may wish to report this to the owner of the site." when trying to access version 0.2.

Thanks!

Dirk

Thanks for the report Dirk.

I'm so used to using Windows servers I forgot about the case sensitivity of UNIX/LINUX (which I assume my free hosting is).  I had named the file CueMake.zip but the link was to cuemake.zip. 

Both are there now.
I'm on a horse.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #14
Hi Neil,

Thanks!

Dirk

Thanks for the report Dirk.

I'm so used to using Windows servers I forgot about the case sensitivity of UNIX/LINUX (which I assume my free hosting is).  I had named the file CueMake.zip but the link was to cuemake.zip. 

Both are there now.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286865"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Neil,

V0.2 downloaded fine this morning. I did play with v0.1 last night and it worked like a dream. A very cool program, Thanks! 
Surf's Up!

foo_cue_ex

Reply #15
Hi Neil,

V0.2 downloaded fine this morning. I did play with v0.1 last night and it worked like a dream. A very cool program, Thanks! 

No problem.  It's good to know it may be of use to someone else.

The file reading/writing code has not changed at all since 0.1 - it's all down to the new file path masking options.  I just went ahead and did this as I was interested in coding the masking system.  It seems to be working fine - I haven't been able to trip it up yet.  If anyone does, I would be very grateful if you could please post the mask and the file paths used to this thread (which I'm now tracking).

The main benefit of the masking setup in 0.2 is that files don't have to be in track order.  0.1 will just append files in alphabetical order, so you have to ensure that the tracknumber is the first part of the filename (e.g.: "01 - Title.wav").  0.2 finds all the WAVE files, records their meta data using the mask, and then sorts them by tracknumber (or path as a last resort) - so a filename of "Title - 01.wav" is fine, providing your mask is correct.

I'm working on 0.3 now, but it's just minor updates on the GUI.  I've added the ability to delete the track files and/or play a sound on completion (see screenshot below).  I think that will be it for a while then.

I'll upload it in the next day or so.
I'm on a horse.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #16
You say you use Diskwriter to merge separate tracks into one big mp3.

I am curious to know if there is any quality loss in this process ie is there a re-encode happening anywhere.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #17
You say you use Diskwriter to merge separate tracks into one big mp3.

I am curious to know if there is any quality loss in this process ie is there a re-encode happening anywhere.

No, I was referring to WAVE or lossless files.

If you merge MP3s using Foobar you will just end up re-encoding, so it's really not advisable.

If you want to merge MP3s I suggest you check out some of these threads:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....%2Bmerge+%2Bmp3
I'm on a horse.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #18
I always thought the fbl playlist files kept all the tag info within the fbl file itself. You can see them if you open it in a hex editor.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #19
I always thought the fbl playlist files kept all the tag info within the fbl file itself. You can see them if you open it in a hex editor.

If you could point me to the spec for the fpl format that may be helpful.

I can see the obvious character information in my hex editor, but there is some numeric data also.

I searched and found this thread to be the most informative (not very).  It seems some of the info is replay gain data.  I would assume some of this may also be timing information - which would be great - if I knew which bytes.
I'm on a horse.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #20
Version 0.3 of CueMake has now been uploaded.  The readme is here.

Thanks to some feedback from drbeachboy via email I have updated the GetTimeFromBytes() function.  It now uses the number of bytes, channels, bits per sample and sample rate to calculate the cuesheet timings.  The previous function used a constant of 2352 to determine the number of frames - but this will only work for 16 bit stereo 44.1KHz (i.e.: CD quality) files.

This means CueMake should now theoretically work with 48000Hz and/or 24bit WAVEs, but I haven't really been able to test.  I tried testing by resampling from Foobar to 48KHz using the Secret Rabbit Code DSP and Diskwriter - but the resulting files are not equal in length to their sources, so a comparison is impossible (bear this in mind please drbeachboy!).  I did download one 48KHz WAVE and the the cuesheet time was accurate for that one track - but I'm not calling that comprehensive testing.

I'm not familiar with such things, but if anyone can tell me how I can create some 48KHz WAVEs from a CD or some other useful source it would be appreciated.

Ciao Now Brown Cow.

Edit: I feel I should point out that a Foobar component to create an accurate cuesheet from a Foobar playlist could be a lot more useful.  This would be so easy for a C++ programmer only vaguely familiar with the Foobar SDK.  However, until one materialises, I'm using CueMake.

Edit 2: I have since used SSRC to resample an image file to 16 bit 48000Hz, 16 bit 32000Hz, 24 bit 44100Hz and 24 bit 32000Hz WAVE files.  I have used Diskwriter and the images cuesheet to split them into track WAVEs.  I have then used CueMake to merge the tracks back together.  The cuesheets all match.  One curiousity is, however, that the 32000Hz files' samples are not an exact multiplication of 75, unlike the 44100Hz and 48000Hz (both 16 and 24 bit).  If anyone can tell me why this may, please do.  If anyone is interested, the report from one of my tests is below.

Code: [Select]
Bytes: 0
Channels: 2
BitsPerSample: 16
SampleRate: 32000
Samples: 0
Seconds: 0
Time: 00:00:00
Bytes: 44378452
Samples: 11094613
Seconds: 346.70665625
Time: 05:46:53
Bytes: 75523412
Samples: 18880853
Seconds: 590.02665625
Time: 09:50:02
Bytes: 109315412
Samples: 27328853
Seconds: 854.02665625
Time: 14:14:02
Bytes: 144795304
Samples: 36198826
Seconds: 1131.2133125
Time: 18:51:16
Bytes: 177996796
Samples: 44499199
Seconds: 1390.59996875
Time: 23:10:45
Bytes: 210148688
Samples: 52537172
Seconds: 1641.786625
Time: 27:21:59
Bytes: 228078928
Samples: 57019732
Seconds: 1781.866625
Time: 29:41:65
Bytes: 260464636
Samples: 65116159
Seconds: 2034.87996875
Time: 33:54:66
Bytes: 272534184
Samples: 68133546
Seconds: 2129.1733125
Time: 35:29:13
Bytes: 311304532
Samples: 77826133
Seconds: 2432.06665625
Time: 40:32:05

SampleRate: 44100
Bytes: 61159056
Samples: 15289764
Seconds: 346.706666666667
Bytes: 104080704
Samples: 26020176
Seconds: 590.026666666667
Bytes: 150650304
Samples: 37662576
Seconds: 854.026666666667
Bytes: 199546032
Samples: 49886508
Seconds: 1131.21333333333
Bytes: 245301840
Samples: 61325460
Seconds: 1390.6
Bytes: 289611168
Samples: 72402792
Seconds: 1641.78666666667
Bytes: 314321280
Samples: 78580320
Seconds: 1781.86666666667
Bytes: 358952832
Samples: 89738208
Seconds: 2034.88
Bytes: 375586176
Samples: 93896544
Seconds: 2129.17333333333
Bytes: 429016560
Samples: 107254140
Seconds: 2432.06666666667

SampleRate: 48000
Bytes: 66567680
Samples: 16641920
Bytes: 113285120
Samples: 28321280
Bytes: 163973120
Samples: 40993280
Bytes: 217192960
Samples: 54298240
Bytes: 266995200
Samples: 66748800
Bytes: 315223040
Samples: 78805760
Bytes: 342118400
Samples: 85529600
Bytes: 390696960
Samples: 97674240
Bytes: 408801280
Samples: 102200320
Bytes: 466956800
Samples: 116739200

BitsPerSample: 24
Bytes: 91738584
Samples: 15289764
Bytes: 156121056
Samples: 26020176
Bytes: 225975456
Samples: 37662576
Bytes: 299319048
Samples: 49886508
Bytes: 367952760
Samples: 61325460
Bytes: 434416752
Samples: 72402792
Bytes: 471481920
Samples: 78580320
Bytes: 538429248
Samples: 89738208
Bytes: 563379264
Samples: 93896544
Bytes: 643524840
Samples: 107254140

Bytes: 66567678
Samples: 11094613
Seconds: 346.70665625
Bytes: 113285118
Samples: 18880853
Seconds: 590.02665625
Bytes: 163973118
Samples: 27328853
Seconds: 854.02665625
Bytes: 217192956
Samples: 36198826
Seconds: 1131.2133125
Bytes: 266995194
Samples: 44499199
Seconds: 1390.59996875
Bytes: 315223032
Samples: 52537172
Seconds: 1641.786625
Bytes: 342118392
Samples: 57019732
Seconds: 1781.866625
Bytes: 390696954
Samples: 65116159
Seconds: 2034.87996875
Bytes: 408801276
Samples: 68133546
Seconds: 2129.1733125
Bytes: 466956798
Samples: 77826133
Seconds: 2432.06665625
I'm on a horse.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #21
Hi Neil,

Did something change internally with version 0.3? I'm getting run-time error 339
"Component 'COMDLG32.OCX or one its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

I did not get this error with versions 0.1 or 0.2.

Thanks
Dirk
Surf's Up!

foo_cue_ex

Reply #22
Hi Neil,

Did something change internally with version 0.3? I'm getting run-time error 339
"Component 'COMDLG32.OCX or one its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

I did not get this error with versions 0.1 or 0.2.

Thanks
Dirk

Ah, that will be because I'm using the Common Dialogue (for the file open dialogue that is used to select the sounds file).

I think you will need to install the VB6 runtimes to resolve this.
I'm on a horse.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #23
drbeachboy,

Personally, I don't like having to install complimentary files to be able to run an application, so I've created CueMake Lite that goes back to the most simple GUI with mask selector (no Common Dialogue control used).  I could have kept everything else, but I thought I may as well go the whole hog and have one basic version, and one that will get all the bells and whistles.

This should mean that you can use this version with no further installs.

I'm a little confused how you could run version 0.1 and 0.2 and not 0.3 - I assume the Common Dialogue control I used is a version 6 control, and you have earlier runtimes installed.  If this is the case you may as well install the updated runtimes anyway.

As far as I am aware, even version 0.1 will require the VB6 runtimes, and Windows Script 5.6+
I'm on a horse.

foo_cue_ex

Reply #24
drbeachboy,

Personally, I don't like having to install complimentary files to be able to run an application, so I've created CueMake Lite that goes back to the most simple GUI with mask selector (no Common Dialogue control used).  I could have kept everything else, but I thought I may as well go the whole hog and have one basic version, and one that will get all the bells and whistles.

This should mean that you can use this version with no further installs.

I'm a little confused how you could run version 0.1 and 0.2 and not 0.3 - I assume the Common Dialogue control I used is a version 6 control, and you have earlier runtimes installed.  If this is the case you may as well install the updated runtimes anyway.

As far as I am aware, even version 0.1 will require the VB6 runtimes, and Windows Script 5.6+
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287442"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Neil,

Version 0.3 wouldn't run on my work computer and I cannot update it, as I do not have admin privileges. So, the computer must have been updated enough to run versions 0.1 & 0.2, but not for 0.3.

Here at home all versions run fine, as I keep my own computer always up to date. I'll download the new basic version on Monday when I'm back at work and make sure it runs ok. Thanks for making both versions, as I will use it at work almost as much as at home.

Dirk

Edit: As expected, CueMakeLite is running fine on my work computer. Thanks, Neil!
Surf's Up!