Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: A/V out of sync when recording - again (Read 2505 times) previous topic - next topic

A/V out of sync when recording - again

I bought a new TV card a couple of months ago - a Leadtek WinFast - since I wasn't able to record anything using my old Hauppauge WinTV without fearing a BSOD. I also wasn't able to do timeshifting or schedule recording. Anyways, I seem to have a problem that I experienced with my old card as well: when I record something for a couple of hours, the audio and video loses sync. The longer the movie, the higher the offset. If I record an episode of CSI or whatever, you don't see any problem even at the end of the movie because the difference is very very small, but I recorded some concerts from 3sat yesterday which took the whole day. After five hours, the video is about 1 second "faster" than the audio.

Any idea how to fix this?