Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New Foobar Logo (Read 83885 times) previous topic - next topic

New Foobar Logo

Reply #50
Woah, that is VERY VERY nice! I like it a lot .
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

New Foobar Logo

Reply #51
WOW. How does this scale to smaller sizes?
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #52

Here is another, and a scaled sample.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #53
Now THAT looks good. How does it look at 16x16?

New Foobar Logo

Reply #54
Looks almost pastel like. I like it!
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

New Foobar Logo

Reply #55
Really nice, it looks amazing!

New Foobar Logo

Reply #56
Wow, I like that too... Good work.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #57
Where can we download these, Luceo?

Foosion: can we get these as the default? They look awesome

New Foobar Logo

Reply #58
These look insanely awesome! O.O

New Foobar Logo

Reply #59
Wow, my hat is off to you man. Nice WORK! really cool looking
Any chance you'll do a lot of codecs? I have noticed some have yet to be done, only a few though, ofr, shn, tta, spx, etc...

New Foobar Logo

Reply #60
The rest are soon to come.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #61
good news man, you're making file type icons, are you going to make a LOGO icon too? The one that goes on the desktop? That will complete the theme of your wonderful icons.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #62

They are not yet complete. Feel free to input any suggestions.

(AAC, MP4, MPA) (FB2K, WAV) (MP2, MP3)

New Foobar Logo

Reply #63

Well done sir! I'd love to see an example of 16x16 as well, not to be a complete bother. 

New Foobar Logo

Reply #64
Yeah, a 16x16 picture would be nice too see. I like the color options, except for the mp2, and the frog. I think the mp2 could be a little brighter?Well to my eyes it's close to your wv pack color. Frog, could be greener? Other then that, these look really space like, and rich. Nice Work

New Foobar Logo

Reply #65

I tried to follow your chart, as foobar doesn't seem to have a lot of these Icons. As for the MP2, I thought the same thing and already made the adjustments. I will make frog greener.

If you have the PSD's of the m3u paper, please send them to my e-mail

It will save me time, as all I have to do is add the icon. Cheers, and glad you like the work so far.

P.S. Will post 16x16 soon.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #66
Yeah, you like my glass design from Deviant Art? Yes, i believe i still have the m3u paper. I will check now, and send you a PM, then a email. Will also look for the cda, icon too.
EDIT: i wonder if your design should have a bigger mouth? I used your old one here for an example

New Foobar Logo

Reply #67
no - I like the smaller mouth version - showcases the eyes more and doesn't make the figure look so "serious" or "grumpy"

New Foobar Logo

Reply #68
Luceo's shiny icons look excellent. But black shadow with a black face makes it look blurry.. Maybe try to use bright shadow on all icons with black faces (like in FLAC)
You should probably move some effects on a 16x16 version. the text should be readable too, of course. The smallest icon might even not need the alien face at all.
oh, and the small cute mouth looks well... cute.
BTW, are you doing the icons with a raster editor (photoshop and similar) or a vector editing program (Inkscape, Illustrator)?

hah, I'm already beginning to see the old foobar logo as a legacy icon , even when it stays as the default one. because Luceo's version of the alien face looks much more modern

Activethoughts - i don't like the stroke and the exaggerated gloss on your icon, plus the file format should be on the 16x16 icon too. And with your chosen background, the text (fb2k) should be white (or at least brighter).

New Foobar Logo

Reply #69
The smallest icon might even not need the alien face at all.
(...)
Activethoughts - plus the file format should be on the 16x16 icon too.

16x16 icons have the alien cat, no letters at all. Check the default icons.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #70
There is no place on 16x16 to efficiently display file format text - dropping it is exactly the right thing to do IMO. But i agree that the gloss is exaggerated.

- Lyx

New Foobar Logo

Reply #71
of course... what was i thinking... naturally there's no need to put file format text to 16x16 files.. who needs to know the exact format of the files in list (or equivalent) view. and if there's no format text, you'll have room for the cat.

what about little shadows under the icons.. not the 16x16 but the bigger ones. It should make a nice addition.. or is that too much? Most of the icons have some sort of shadow, these icons would fit right in.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #72
There is no place on 16x16 to efficiently display file format text - dropping it is exactly the right thing to do IMO. But i agree that the gloss is exaggerated.

- Lyx

16x16 is large enough to display 3 characters of text reasonably effectively. I would think it would be more sensible to display the extension than the aliencat, however gorgeous Luceo's design is.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #73
I don't know, i for some reason still think the mouth is too small. However i do like Luceo's design a lot. Mine was just a sample of the mouth, that is all it was intended for. Not as a replacement of his actual design i think most people got that correct.

New Foobar Logo

Reply #74
The purpose of most 16x16 icons isn't to give "explicit" information, but to just visually make various filetypes distinguishable (i.e., to see where a new group begins, if one sorts by filetype). I encourange people with lots of time, to try an explicit approach - just to actually test it, instead of just estimating it - but i myself am sceptic that it will work out well - by the way... you did consider, that those 16x16 icons may get SCALED further, by apps, in some scenarios, right?