Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar not splitting tags (Read 2482 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar not splitting tags

I have a few files in my library which foobar refuses to split tags in.
http://pbrd.co/UvGU5e

What's going on here?
Files are MP3 CBR, I'm using the splitting function.
The very act of observing, influences what happens.

Reply #1
What's going on here?
Who knows? You haven’t really provided enough information.

What version of ID3v2 are you using? If it’s v2.3, this is by design.

Edit: Nope, maybe not; it says TPE1 should be supported, and that is indeed artist, whereas I thought it was album artist.

Reply #2
Yep, those files were indeed 2.3. Tags are split correctly in 2.4.
Thread can be closed.

Reply #3
Thread can be closed.

There’s still the issue of why artist isn’t split. And I would have guessed genre would also be included in the acceptable list for ID3v2.3, at least if that were generally a sensible standard…!

Out of interest, are all fields you wish to split set as multi-value fields in foobar2000’s Preferences? If not, does enabling them make any difference to ID3v2.3?

Someone with more experience of this than me can hopefully shed some light on why artist wasn’t split, etc.

Reply #4
Artist is split, or am I misunderstanding you?

Reply #5
Oh, sorry, so it’s just the genre that isn’t splitting. I find conflicting information online about whether multi-value genres are supported at all, or if so, whether they should be implemented in one or multiple TCON frames. Anyway, I’m just thinking aloud, really. If genre is already in fb2k’s list of multi-value fields, I don’t know what else to suggest; perhaps someone else does.

Reply #6
Interesting screenshot in that the genre appears to be shown as being split in the "now playing" area but as being not split in the "library tree".

EDIT:
It looks to me as though foobar is splitting the genre but the library tree isn't detecting it for some reason. You could verify that the genre is split by $meta_num(genre). If it returns the correct number of genres for that file then you know the genre is indeed being split.

Reply #7
The genre is not shown split anywhere. The artist is shown split everywhere.
Notice the space between the values for artist and no space on the genre.

I converted the tags to 2.4 and now everything is working as it should.

//Edit
Oh you mean that NowPlaying area. That sure is weird.
So the tag is split but the LibraryTree and PlaylistView cant handle it. Interesting.