Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [ToS #6]Am I able to use different Tags for each foobar Playlist? (Read 1317 times) previous topic - next topic

[ToS #6]Am I able to use different Tags for each foobar Playlist?

Dear All ...

I'm 100% new to Foobar ... just tried to install this software 2 days ago.
Previosly, I used iTunes. But iTunes' file is bigger day by day. That's why I supposed to used Foobar instead iTunes for my MP3 player.

But with foobar ... i faced a lot of problem.
For example:
Foobar playlist view: I used Properties to change the Tags by adding Composer ... all playlist within Foobar are change that way too

Am I able to use different Tags for each foobar Playlist? Just like my iTunes,
My Classical's Playlist displayed only Composer, Song's Title, Album, and Track Number
While my Collection's playlist displayed only Artist, Year, Album, Track Number, & Song's Title
If possible ... would you mind for doing a favor by guiding me how to do it

Thank you.

Reply #1
My Classical's Playlist displayed only Composer, Song's Title, Album, and Track Number
While my Collection's playlist displayed only Artist, Year, Album, Track Number, & Song's Title

That is possible with Columns UI
If you manage to set up Columns UI, I'll tell you how to do that

Reply #2

That is possible with Columns UI
If you manage to set up Columns UI, I'll tell you how to do that

What is Column UI, bro?
Since I'm 100% new to Foobar ... how can I manage to set up Columns UI?
Please ...........

Reply #3
If you use the default columns it should do what you ask.

If the only difference is the use of %composer% instead of %artist% in a column, then you can use the field called  %album artist%. Basically, it will try to show the %composer% tag first if it exists and will fall back to %artist% if it doesn't.
It's more thoroughly documented here:
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...album_artist.25
elevatorladylevitateme