Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LyricsDB discussion (Read 413507 times) previous topic - next topic

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #350
ack, unfortunatly, the website is down

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #352
Directory listing is working. Well - let's be patient and wait until the whole site is back online!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #353
Great component to start with!

Problem:

If a song title (the tag) contains swedish characters å, ä or ö, it is not possible to download the song lyrics within foobar.

Examples (not working):
Title tag = "Känn ingen sorg för mig göteborg"

But if I change the title tag to
Title tag = "Kann ingen sorg for mig goteborg"

It works?! Very strange since the lyric is named with swedish characters over at lyrics.mirkforce.net -> http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/h%c3%a5kanhell...3%b6teborg.html

The lyric for that song is corrupt too, but nevermind, it is just an example.

What is the problem?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #354
Problem 1:
That's badly uploaded lyrics. In that exact case it is the answer.

Problem 2
Yep, I'm aware of that, I hope I will fix that really old and annoing problem soon ...
dezisehtnys eb lliw noitulover eht

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #355
hi dug, thanks for fast reply

I realised the first problem myself so I deleted it just before you replied

Looking forward for a solution then! thanks

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #356
2) it seems to be independent from msvc* dlls (report please if it really is)
Just downloaded, removed msvc*.dll from foobar folder and it seems to be working fine: is that enough to confirm?

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #357
2) it seems to be independent from msvc* dlls (report please if it really is)
Just downloaded, removed msvc*.dll from foobar folder and it seems to be working fine: is that enough to confirm?
have no idea ;) I just removed everything about msvc dlls from first thread message and don't hear any complains, so i guess everything's allright

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #358
Problem 2
Yep, I'm aware of that, I hope I will fix that really old and annoing problem soon ...

I am confirming that problem, it seems that it is bound to non-ascii characters?

Problem which i have is this: If 2 people made recording together, i use 2 ARTIST
tags, for example in Vorbis comments Tags this procedure is kind of proposed standard.
This link shows example:
http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/ryuichisakamot...dencolours.html
So i use these Tags:
Like this, ARTIST: David Sylvian
              ARTIST: Ryuichi Sakamoto

and not ARTIST: David Sylvian & Ryuichi Sakamoto

As far i see, only one is used. How can this be dealt with, so that dbase gets both of them?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #359

i can't download lyrics   

will the server repair?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #360
Working fine here.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #361
I would really enjoy being able to get timestamped lyrics through this plugin. Is this possible? If so, how about an option for timestamped lyrics searching? (Example: include/exclude/exclusive)

I love this plugin, BTW. Great work!
The same except different.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #362
Great component to start with!

Problem:

If a song title (the tag) contains swedish characters å, ä or ö, it is not possible to download the song lyrics within foobar.

it also has problems with the german ä,ü,ö and i think also the "ß"

hope it is fixed soon,its a very good plugin :-/

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #363

Is it really not fixed yet? Could you give an example of such song?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #364

Is it really not fixed yet? Could you give an example of such song?

well, when im searching for the song "Grabnebelfürsten - Zwillinge" from the album "Schwarz gegen Weiß" the plugins finds the lyric but only so far

Code: [Select]
Zwei Schicksalsbr

it breaks at the "ü" of "Schickalsbrüder" and is not showing the rest of the lyric.
uhm these ä,ö,ü and ß seem to work in the Artist and album name & the song title but as soon as one of these letters are used in the lyric itself, it totally breaks up :-/

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #365
when im searching for the song "Grabnebelfürsten - Zwillinge" from the album "Schwarz gegen Weiß" the plugins finds the lyric but only so far

Code: [Select]
Zwei Schicksalsbr

it breaks at the "ü" of "Schickalsbrüder" and is not showing the rest of the lyric.
That's a badly uploaded lyric (see here): doesn't happen to me with, for example, Nena - 99 luftballons.

HTH.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #366
uhm i see.but so all lyrics with äöü are badly uploaded O_o
mh ok take the bug notification back

i checked the Source. here is all fine

in nena - 99 luftballons are nä extra letters

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #367
in nena - 99 luftballons are nä extra letters
Not in the title or artist, but definitely in the lyrics, if I understand what you mean...

Anyway, it may actually be a bug in the uploader: the source is lyricsondemand.com, not a real user.

Alessandro

[EDIT]Confirmed, it's a bug. I tried removing the lyrics from the db and repeated the search: same result from the same source.
[EDIT2]Works if I manually put the lyrics in my tag and then upload.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #368
yep you are right, i figured out the same.

i will put the lyrics manually in and upload them :>

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #369
Love the plugin (have uploaded tons of lyrics, about 400) and  would like to request a few features:

- Most of my playlist is self time-stampped, and I am unable to upload timestampped lyrics to the database... can this be fixed to either:
A) Ignore the timestamp, and upload the lyrics only
B) Upload the timestamp, and put it in a second catergory.
- When I do find lyrics I don't have, the source in the window is always unknown:
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #370
i just tried to extract this to my components folder, and it is giving me an error...

it says its corrupted when i extract it to the folder.. and when i open f2k it says

Failed to load DLL: foo_lyricsdb.dll
Reason: Not a valid Win32 application.

am i not supposed to put it in the components folder?

i have version 9.4.3

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #372
I'd LOVE a component similar to this but for Artist information, so WIKI stuff basically.

Great idea! I'd love an artist search component too!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #373
Hi, i running foobar 9.4.3 with last version of lyricsDB on win XP SP2.
Problem N1:
If i start any lyrics search, it finds no lyrics even if the lyrics are in database. But plugin does not schow the message "lyrics not found".
Problem N2:
If after that i try to start the search again, foobar crashes always with "The exception unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occured in the application at location 0x04d78182"

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #374
I'd LOVE a component similar to this but for Artist information, so WIKI stuff basically.

I know this doesn't address your problem, but if you install last.fm plugin, the included last.fm app shows this kind of info