Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [request] work on channels seperately in dsp`?? (Read 4587 times) previous topic - next topic

[request] work on channels seperately in dsp`??

hello, :)

Is it possible to apply dsp only to certain channels?(only rears)
I just want to make them sound different than my front speakers.
Maybe someone can write such an extension... :-/

Re: [request] work on channels seperately in dsp`??

Reply #1
I have hazy idea of using Dynamic DSP plugin to wrap multiple instances of Matrix Mixer. Each instance would filter out certain channels plus feed remaining ones through needed DSPs, but you need to fiddle with it on your own to see if I am right and it will indeed work as intended. However that would also require tagging your files to trigger Dynamic DSP.

Reply #2
mmh ok
So i added the dynamic dsp and created one chain with channelmixer for rears(a) and another for my front(b).
Then i wrote "a;b;" in the tag but only a works..
Maybe i don't understand the way that dsp works...

Reply #3
Dynamic DSP is unable to combine the outputs of different DSP chains, so it can't do what you want.

BTW, what effects do you want to apply to rear channels?

Reply #4
mmh
I am trying out some different amplifier sounds in Guitar Rig 5 with the 'Control room pro' Component.
Yes it's not the best for music but you can create really nice sound with it.
(Right now I can just do it for all channels: guitar rig5 -> upmix stereo to 5.0 with channelmixer(no sub))
(vst 2.4 adapter for the guitar rig 5 32 bit dll vst)
It is more an experimental thing...
X

Reply #5
If you want to try a different method (the vst adapter is very buggy)  you can do the following.

Using Voicemeeter Pro Inserts with Free Cantabile Lite as VST Effects Host.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edhjda6kxiQ

You output foobar2000 to Voicemeeter Pro and with inserts to Cantabile you configure the routes and vst's.

Reply #6
ok that looks not so easy right now. But i will try it. thanks :)
Doesn't that work with ASIO? Cause if i think i won't be hearing other sound outputs (example: games)

Reply #7
ok foobar output to voicemeeter is easy done, but i do not understand how to use cantabile with that...
Guess i just need some time to understand that
And i noticed that my voicemeeter looks more basic than yours and the one in the video
Only the "Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO" does work as device in cantible but not the "Voicemeeter insert..."

Reply #8
ok foobar output to voicemeeter is easy done, but i do not understand how to use cantabile with that...
Guess i just need some time to understand that
And i noticed that my voicemeeter looks more basic than yours and the one in the video

You need to get banana version https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

Reply #10
So i finally have been able to connect/set it all correctly. :)
Is it possible to output 6ch with foobar +channelmixer to voicemeeter, so that i also have 6ch in cantabile?
Now it just shows stereo in Vcm, but i can output 2ch direct to FL/FR in cantabile and two over vst to RL/RR and have 4ch. :-/
So basically my plan is to mix stereo up to left,right,center,rear-left,rear-right in foobar with the channelmixer dsp and be able to work with vst's in cantabile on whatever channel i want.
Oh and thank you a lot for that great idea zeremy! :)

Reply #11
Yes for multi channel you need to use  the virtual inputs VAIO or AUX that provide up to 8 channels.

My best results ( low latency ) using the following:
foobar2000

cantabile

Voicemeter

Reply #12
mmh thats strange more than 2ch. works with wasapi for me but not with directsound...
mmh I think thats all i needed. :)
nice solution for that problem. thanks
ok sometimes something does not work but i got the idea

Reply #14
Just wrote a batch which start all three applications, created a shortcut to it put the foobar pic on and thats it. great thing O:)
I am curious about all the new possibilities : DD

Reply #15
So some weeks later i discovered, that it is and it all sounds way better if cantabile is not used to mix.
So i just go from foobar with my signal chain into voice meeter and then i can use 96khz.

In foobar i first use guitar rig5 with tube compressor and VC2A + EQ and then  rc-20 retro colour vst  for tube sound.
Second: pphs resampler in ultra mode with 768khz to upsample and gain heights and cleaner sound -> 44,1khz resampler.
then mix it all up with channel mixer and matrix mixer -> voice meeter-> asus xonar stx2 sound card (in 192khz/24bit)...

speakers: front 2x jbl lsr305 (mixed in center).
               rear: some onkyo hifi speakers with car amp.
               sub: two simple woofer speakers connected to an car amp (mosfet).
               sub / ambiente: normal active subwoofer ~150hz

ok its little bit much gain on this one...:
https://ibb.co/jKkAXx

https://imgur.com/a/7teO5

Reply #16
https://ibb.co/cyLSCx
So can someone tell me if that heavy cpu load (up to 15% on a i7 6700k ;  i get now with these chain is ok.
Or is that upsampling b*llshit?