Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Batch encoding using LAME? (Read 4618 times) previous topic - next topic

Batch encoding using LAME?

This is my first post and I did try a search using the above title as search words.  I ripped about 10 CD's using EAC and now I want to encode these files using, obviously, LAME.  I have EAC all setup correctly for LAME but how do I make the files stay in their respective directories?

For example.  When I Rip the CD I have it set to create a directory for "CD Artist - Album Title \ "Track no - Song Name".

I want to be able to drop all .wav files into EAC (or whatever program I have to use) and have the .wav's encode to mp3, stay in the folder where they were originally created and have the wav ile deleted.

Right now I have to drag and drop one album at a time.

Thank you,

Nick

Reply #2
You can use EAC.  You can use FB2K.  Just "Tools > Compress WAVs" or "Alt-V" in EAC. The way to short-circuit this is RTFM.     
Nov schmoz kapop.

Reply #3
Why don't you rip to mp3 directly? If you don't, you lose all title informations because wav doesn't support tags. So you have to tag all your mp3s afterwards...

It doesn't take much longer to rip to mp3, too. The encoder process is in the background while EAC goes on ripping the next track.

Reply #4
Thanks,

Ive decided to do the MP3 at once instead of batching the wav's.  It just wasnt working out well trying to do it that way.  And yes, the whole untagged file thing is truly a pain!

Thank you for the suggestions.

Reply #5
Multi Frontend and ALL2LAME can both do the job, and add tags (with tag.exe).

Reply #6
... and add tags (with tag.exe).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351541"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

With one caveat : Tag.exe can't write ID3v2 tags.
But it can create APE tags, though.