Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Toaster for Fb2k (Read 317328 times) previous topic - next topic

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #300
you can "only show automatically  when ( foobar) minimised " ( very nice and not in toaster...)

That's a cool feature. I'm using Winamp CD Case right now but i'll take a look at that one too

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #301
Another plugin id give a shot at porting if sourcecode was available.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #302
thanks dBaines for your great skin

this plug is awesome 

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #303
Is there anyone working on porting Toast for 0.9?  I really miss this feature and prettypop is not an option (do not want to install .NET)

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #304
seems to bug with WLM :-( artist lets appear the title, and no artist info appears

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #305
For the love god PLEASE PLEASE make this compatible with 0.9  oh god. I can't stand pretty pop PLEASE MAKE THIS 0.9 compatible. :EMO:

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #306
Any progress on updating Toaster for 0.9?

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #307
the best would be to contact shaneh per email as he is still updating his winamp-plugins - I guess he is not looking at this place here... 

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #308
so pretty popup is the only option until shaneh re-writes it?

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #309
the best would be to contact shaneh per email as he is still updating his winamp-plugins - I guess he is not looking at this place here... 

I tried it...nothing...just use Winamp CD Case, I guess...sigh...

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #310
sorry mates but i saw in the forum
that some users are able to run toaster under foobar 0.9!

how could i run it under 0.9?

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #311

I tried it...nothing...just use Winamp CD Case, I guess...sigh...

if you read the first post in this thread you'll notice shaneh is in the process of totally rewriting this plugin. u guys need to give these developers space. not only to work on the plugins, but personal time also. i know if i had people on my back all the time about free software i was developing, i would be more inclined not to share it with them..

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #312
You know, I never noticed that update until now. Was kinda stealthy ;]

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #314
Anyone hear any updates or progress on this plugin?

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #315
Havent heard anything yet

This plugin needs to be rebuilt from scratch, with support for some much cooler functionality. Its not too difficult, but just a lot of work to which I dont have enough motivation or time at the moment.

Its also frustrating knowing that WinFX / Avalon type stuff is around the corner, which could be used to make something even nicer and could make any work I put in now obsolete in a few months.

I havent forgotten it though, and my goal is to branch it to something completely new, with much better skins support and extendability without too much bloat/overhead or too difficult to configure.

One day...

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #316
I'm sure everybody will appreciate any effort you do, and already appreciate the work you've done so far.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #317
Indeed you're work will be appreciated. I am using foo_prettypop, but it just isn't the same as toaster.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #318
Havent heard anything yet

This plugin needs to be rebuilt from scratch, with support for some much cooler functionality. Its not too difficult, but just a lot of work to which I dont have enough motivation or time at the moment.

Its also frustrating knowing that WinFX / Avalon type stuff is around the corner, which could be used to make something even nicer and could make any work I put in now obsolete in a few months.

I havent forgotten it though, and my goal is to branch it to something completely new, with much better skins support and extendability without too much bloat/overhead or too difficult to configure.

One day...
Your Winamp version is working great.  Thanx for all the hard work you've put in so far.  I'm not looking for a lot of configurability as to information presentation in the panel.  I have it set to just display the album art on the desktop while the player is minimized.  I can unminimize the player to view more info.

I'll love any efforts for a foobar 0.9.x version even if it doesn't have all the requested bells and whistles at first.

Thanx again.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #319
I too would very much appreciate an update of this component. It really changed the way I listen to my audio collection via my computer and hi-fi setup. I'm displaying it almost full screen, with the track info on the left handside of the screen and the album cover on the right handside. I then switch my screen to standby and it just looks great.

Right now I miss some extra features (mainly: multiple colors, Tagz support, Unicode support, display update on track change). I guess there are many other ways to improve it too.

But I already enjoy a lot this component as it is.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #320
Any chance of a release of the source so we could get a crack at it?

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #321
As shana said, It would most likely take a rewrite to get it working well. Perheps a gander at the source would give you a direction at where to start writing your own component, But if shana is already working on one..

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #322
Thank you. Looking forward to the new re-written version.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #323
Cool plugin too bad it's not updated to 0.9.x

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #324
this plugin is one of the reason why I stay on 0.8.3, foo_prettypop can't replace it as this one doesn't need .Net 2.0 (on the other hand, a version that does support Google Talk would be great too)