Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC & Access Violations (Read 1843 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC & Access Violations

I recently wiped the drives and reloaded two of my computers:
• W2K Pro, SP4, HP9100b, all hotfixes applied up to June 2005
• XP Pro, SP2, Plextor PX-40TS, all hotfixes applied up to June 2005

Both machines are able to rip with CDex and Audiograbber, but EAC (.095b2) gives an Access Violation error and crashes.

• Switched to Native NT interface. Crash
• Installed winaspi 4.61. Crash
• Installed winaspi 4.71. Crash
• Installed ASAPI. Crash

I did reboots after each crash/install. I deleted EAC .095b2, cleaned the Registry and loaded EAC .095pb5. Crash.

I noticed that EAC kept losing my EAC/Drive/Compression settings. I went through each one of them tab by tab under the ASAPI interface and finally got EAC to rip to wave, but ripping directly to MP3 caused a crash again.

Then I switched from using the lame_enc.dll (3.92) to using the external lame.exe and suddenly everything worked fine. It's the same .dll that I was using in CDex and Audiograbber but it makes EAC give Access Violation errors and crashes.

It's a clean install, there are no other codecs or apps loaded besides what Windows put there. Anybody else run into this? Is there some other explanation or fix for these Access Violation errors? I tried the EAC forum but no success.