Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "Tags" - last.fm style stuff (Read 5975 times) previous topic - next topic

"Tags" - last.fm style stuff

To put this in context, this guy and a lot of people I know want to do this:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthrea...7#post337678827

IE - Have multiple "tags" like 'Indie', 'Female Vocals', 'Game Music' and be able to list and chose playlists based on them.

But I'm not sure how it would be possible.

The logical solution would be to have a load of "tags" in some sort of tag like:

Indie;Female Vocals;Country

and then use browser or facets to display %tags%

However, this just gives me a list of things and doesn't really cater for multiple values, which is odd :S

So what on earth would I do?

It is easy to use quicksearch to search for %tags%, however, other than that (for instance getting a list of tags) it doesn't seem to work.

It doesn't programatically seem hard (could be a pain to make efficiently I guess)
hi

Reply #1
...The logical solution would be to have a load of "tags" in some sort of tag like:

Indie;Female Vocals;Country

and then use browser or facets to display %tags%...

From the facets FAQ:
* Q: Fields with multiple values: How do I display a separate line for each value, instead of "Value1, Value2"?
    * A: Set the column pattern to %<fieldname>%.

To set the different values, I'd imagine I'd use peter's Quick Tagger.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
Ooh, this appears to be good - I added %tags% to the "Multi Value Fields" in the Advanced settings.

Now things display on multiple lines, however, tagging them only seems to work for one song.

IE, I'll select a load of songs -> Properties, then Add Field "TAGS", add the values under the "Multiple Values" tab, then hit okay and only one song will have these tags

Edit: Oh, I see whats happening, I'm not really doing multiple values, I'm actually tagging with different values for each song. Oops

Cool, this all appears to work now. I will report findings on SA. thanks for the help shakey.
hi

Reply #3
You may also take a look at the "Tagger Window" panel from the cwb_hooks plugin. It makes it very easy to put several pre-defined values in a tag
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #4
If he doesn't want to write the tags to the files themselves, he could use foo_custominfo
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #5
Yeah, I've been playing around with the cwb hooks tagger window

Its rather nice.

Here's my complete post:

Honestly, I think the best and probably simplest answer would be writing a custom plugin for winamp/fb2k that can do this through genre tag fakery that allows multiple tags per song.

Okay I have a solution.

You need one of these:

foo_uie_browser
foo_uie_facets

I'd recommend facets as it comes with the new default UI which is easy as hell to config.

You can use these plugins:

foo_cwb_hooks - Gives you a window where you can check/uncheck tags. Its kinda confusing to implement with PanelsUI, though.

foo_custominfo - to be able to not write the tags to the files

You need to then do what I said earlier:

Okay, I've got this working with foobar2000.

All you need to do is get Browser Panels or Facets, then add "%<tags>%" as one of the listing criteria.

Next you need to go to foobar2000 advanced settings and find the filed Display->Properties Dialog->Multiline Fields and add "TAGS" to it. You can also add "Music Tags=TAGS" if you wish for prettier properties.

Then you simply add the "TAGS" field to your files and delimit with a semi-colon.

So

TAGS=Darkstep; Drum & Bass

would show up in the Browser list as:

Darkstep
Drum & Bass

I'll look at zipping up my folder.

My foobar looks like this (album art where black is usually):

hi