Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 886432 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #2175
So v0.6 causes a crash loop, not nice...
How about some details like when it happens, what you mean by a crash loop, and some error/crash logs?  Been using it here on FB 1.6.17 and 64-bit 2.1/2..1.1 since its release without a single issue.

Reply #2176
So v0.6 causes a crash loop, not nice...
How about some details like when it happens, what you mean by a crash loop, and some error/crash logs?  Been using it here on FB 1.6.17 and 64-bit 2.1/2..1.1 since its release without a single issue.
Well, I was using the foobar internal updated, and it was non-stop crashing afterwards.

I packed all the crashes from today. They should all be lyrics3 related.

Reply #2177
Man you got the plugins, I gotta hand it to ya!!

Looks to me that some of the old 3rd-party LSP3 plugins like foo_lrc_metalarchives are battling it out unsuccessfully.  And they just aren't needed anymore since the updated foo_multisource which includes them internally.  My advice would be:

1.  Do a complete uninstall of LSP 3, including its *.cfg file, and the related foo_lrc_metalarchives/minilyrics plugins

2.  Update Foobar to 1.6.17  ( I see you are on 1.6.12)

3.  Install LSP 3-.06 clean

4.  Install foo_multisource .56 (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CtBppOt6INuxHVyOm3rT8BbEGLnas6FU/view?usp=sharing)

5.  Setup LSP the way you want it and move all of the foo_multisource sources (which include metal archives and minilyrics among many others) into the left "Search Order" box (they are all prefaced by "NEWDB:").

And enjoy the avalanche of lyrics!

Reply #2178
5.  Setup LSP the way you want it and move all of the foo_multisource sources (which include metal archives and minilyrics among many others) into the left "Search Order" box (they are all prefaced by "NEWDB:").

Are you sure foo_multisource contains metal archives?

Reply #2179

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but it's already in your screenshot, the website is named "Encyclopaedia Metallum", and its domain name is metal-archives (dot) com

NEW DB: Metallum = Online DB: Metal-Archives.com

Reply #2180

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but it's already in your screenshot, the website is named "Encyclopaedia Metallum", and its domain name is metal-archives (dot) com

NEW DB: Metallum = Online DB: Metal-Archives.com

Aha, thanks for enlightening me! Which means I can remove one more component.

Reply #2181
Man you got the plugins, I gotta hand it to ya!!

Looks to me that some of the old 3rd-party LSP3 plugins like foo_lrc_metalarchives are battling it out unsuccessfully.  And they just aren't needed anymore since the updated foo_multisource which includes them internally.  My advice would be:

1.  Do a complete uninstall of LSP 3, including its *.cfg file, and the related foo_lrc_metalarchives/minilyrics plugins

2.  Update Foobar to 1.6.17  ( I see you are on 1.6.12)

3.  Install LSP 3-.06 clean

4.  Install foo_multisource .56 (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CtBppOt6INuxHVyOm3rT8BbEGLnas6FU/view?usp=sharing)

And enjoy the avalanche of lyrics!
Well, it the plugins got built up over time. I didn't add anything new for years now.

Thanks for the tips. I will look into it.

BTW I have two lyrics plugins installed, I guess I should weed out one of them.

Reply #2182
BTW I have two lyrics plugins installed, I guess I should weed out one of them.
KEEP ESLyric, it works perfectly fine alongside LSP 3.06/foo_multisource, and the newest version (0.5.4.1028) supplies even more lyrics sources than foo_multisource .56.  No reason to pick just one.

If you ever update to 64-bit Foobar, use foo_multisource 2.1 (64-bit only) with LSP 3.06, has 15 sources vs. 11 for .56.

Lyric Show Panel 3 - How to configure local file search

Reply #2183
I have lyrics in local files stored in sub-directories "Lyrics" located in every directory with album.

Sound files has two names patterns:
   %tracknumber% - %title%
   %date% %album% - %title%

Every lyrics txt-file has the name, identical to sound files, to which it corresponds, e.g.
   01 - Song name.txt  corresponds to 01 - Song name.flac
   2024 Album name - Song name.txt corresponds to 2024 Album name - Song name.mp3

Please advise how to configure Lyric Show Panel 3 properties properly, so that lyrics will be searched in the local files presuming above file name patterns.

Reply #2184
If it looks in the playing file's folder by default, I guess Lyrics\%filename% would do but I don't use the component.

%filename% discards the .mp3/.flac - you might have to append .lrc or whatever the file format is.