Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to expose other file types (than audio) to plugins like foo_upnp? (Read 1059 times) previous topic - next topic

How to expose other file types (than audio) to plugins like foo_upnp?

foobar2000 is a pure audio player, and that is good.

However, when accessing my audio library over UPNP (foo_upnp), letting foobar2000 act as a UNPN server, I miss the possibility to also access scanned image data (mostly .jpg) and pdf's contained in the album folders.

When I transcode a music CD into MP3, I use to also scan the booklet (resulting in multipe .jpg files in the album folder). When I find an interesting article on a certain album (on Wikipedia or at another place), I also save this article as .pdf in the album folder.

It would be great to get this meta-information files exposed to foobar2000 plugins like foo_upnp.

Then foobar2000 could continue to focus its strength on audio file types, but plugins could use other file types (like .jpg and .pdf), too, especially in the "folder perspective".

"Use Case perspective":

You start to hear to your favorite album, accessing your foobar2000 library via foo_upnp, controling it with your Tablet computer and an UPNP controller app like BubbleUPnP.

Meanwhile, you use the UPNP controller app to also watch the .jpg and .pdf data in the same media folder.

Reply #1
Nothing in the foobar2000 SDK prevents a plugin from searching for these kinds of files in the directory of the audio file. Since you already have a specific use case in mind, you should ask bubbleguuum whether it is possible to integrate such a feature in foo_upnp.

Reply #2
Thanks for the hint! Then bubbleguuum is the one to ask.

I just did that in Posting 69664/826810.