Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: how to display external meta data (Read 1537 times) previous topic - next topic

how to display external meta data

Hello al
lets imagine a net broadcast which does not send artist and title information along with its on-line stream. This information is displayed on the website instead. So when looking on the player e.g. winamp, foobar, VLC media player... what ever I choose its still the same title streaming is disabled by the broadcaster. I have a script which retrieves meta data information from the website.
And here is the question. Is somewhere in the world any plugin or player which can override title information from currently playing stream and grab these from a given file or url at a predefined time interval?
There are dozens of plugins and players which can export information about currently playing song into text file any chat session but I can find nothing that works as opposition to this. Nothing is able to import stream title from text file from url or any other sources.
Please give me a hint if you know something with this functionality.