Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 873573 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1050
Regarding the song duration, I was hoping that synced lyrics would contain the song duration, e.g. in form of a song end timestamp, but I don't know about that.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1051
just came across issue where song title/artist contains illegal characters for file path. I used the following strings in the configuration to remove all illegal character from title/artist when search for LRC files named with title/artist

[$replace(%artist%,\,,/,,*,,?,,",,<,,>,,|,,:,)]
[$replace(%title%,\,,/,,*,,?,,",,<,,>,,|,,:,)]

ex. component will search "aa wo bb.lrc" for song with title "aa w/o bb"

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1052
there is a problem for me. it would make sense perfectly if you could change autosaving function. i believe it should work only for the songs from the library. again, i'm talking only about autosaving. of course some people or probably a lot of people don't use libraries in foobar, but then, you know.. fkem. but seriously it would be perfectly right to make it as a feature.. it should be a lot of people to use it

truth is i don't know whether having a lot of lyrics for songs i even don't have makes lyric search slower or something.
one more thing, i use %artist%/%ye... and so on for lyrics. maybe it isn't good by some reason? cause sometimes i notice foobar finds lyrics, from quite odd folders. so that's why i asked the first questions, it seemed to me plugin is searching a lot, and having less lyrics would help?
upd: maybe saving to the same folder with the song will help?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1053
one more thing
i believe it would be right to let saved unsynced lyrics to roll while plugin is searching for synced ones. with status bar if possible [like lyric search in process at the top]

cause at least on my computer it takes a few seconds to search.. and find nothing. usually

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1054
Hiya

This is an awesome component, but for some reason it seems to stop working after a certain point.

I've configured it to read and save to UNSYNCEDLYRICS rather than UNSYNCED LYRICS (I hate spaces in technical specs and names), although if I revert everything to the defaults (the standard tag name, etc, as well as with the plugin's reset button) it still doesn't work. I use the Property viewer as well as MP3Tag's Extended Tag panel to double-check everything. Both the Properties panel and MP3Tag consistently report the UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag as present and filled with the lyrics.

I've tried every possible combination of every option, but the problem always persists.

On some of my files (all MP3s), the lyrics just work and on others they refuse to load despite clearly being there. On the former, it doesn't matter how I set or edit them, while on the latter I've been trying every possible combination to make them show up to no avail (not even with tags + a local text file + a text file in the lyrics folder where the automatically generated ones are). Yes, the lyrics show up in the panel after I edit them in, choose a text file, etc, but clicking Reload, changing tracks, etc makes them vanish again. The lyrics simply never get loaded again from any source.
The funny thing is that the files also match chronologically: the ones on which it works are the ones I processed with lyrics3 first while all the files from which they refuse to load were only tagged with lyrics after a certain point. Tagging new files with new lyrics in any way also still doesn't make them work (it's the same thing of course).

Simply put, it's as if lyrics3 refuses to work on any files after the Xth one (x being a number not far removed from 10, I think). It reads, edits and saves the lyrics on the first x files just fine, but never loads them from any other files (despite being able to save them to those files).

One of the files on which it does work: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3357590/Filebox/02...7s%20Divide.mp3
And one on which it doesn't work: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3357590/Filebox/Still%20Alive.mp3

Sorry for the wall of text, I like making sure nothing is left to doubt

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1055
@SUPERCOOLMAN:
I don't understand what the problem is, it removes all illegal characters itself so you shouldn't need to do it yourself. Is it not loading/saving lyrics with these characters?

@i0n0ff:
I don't agree - I think it is useful to save lyrics that aren't in the library and adding an option for this is overkill in my view. As for slowing it down, the differences will be tiny (even more so if the lyrics are loaded from the associations).
If you don't want it to try and search for synced lyrics, just set the type of lyric you want to display to 'no preference' or 'prefer non-synced'.

@Faziri:
Your problem is a confusing one, I'll send you a PM.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1056
@SUPERCOOLMAN:
I don't understand what the problem is, it removes all illegal characters itself so you shouldn't need to do it yourself. Is it not loading/saving lyrics with these characters?

@i0n0ff:
I don't agree - I think it is useful to save lyrics that aren't in the library and adding an option for this is overkill in my view. As for slowing it down, the differences will be tiny (even more so if the lyrics are loaded from the associations).
If you don't want it to try and search for synced lyrics, just set the type of lyric you want to display to 'no preference' or 'prefer non-synced'.

@Faziri:
Your problem is a confusing one, I'll send you a PM.

vern,

as you know I always name LRC file with song title, but I have to remove illegal character in file name from song title.
ex. song title "abc w/o/z mark" will have "abc woz mark.lrc".

foo_uie_lyrics3 can't find the LRC file unless I add those the string substitution to remove illegal characters from song title and artist.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1057
Ahhh I understand now. There is no need for you to replace illegal characters anywhere - it is all done internally. When lyrics3 detects an illegal character it is replaced with a '_' character. So when searching, the plugin will look for files with a '_' but as you have saved your lyrics by removing the characters altogether, there will never be a match. To rectify this you can either a) rename all the offending files so that they have the '_' or b) use the choose lyrics option to set an association for these lyrics or c) leave everything as it is (with your own illegal character handling)

Hope that helps

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1058
Is it possible to make 3 mode when mouse wheel or drag?
Mode 1: Same as now.
Mode 2: Browse above or following line, and don't change lyrics time.
Mode 3: Change play progress.
Thank you for keep update this so nice plugin.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1059
Feature Request:
would be nice if you implement a function wich make a scan of the full libary and search for the lyrics automatically.

+1
At least now I have a workaround for this:
http://skipyrich.com/wiki/Foobar2000:Preview or
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...Seek_(foo_seek)

Set the track preview to about 8 sec, create a (Auto)Playlist "no (unsynced/synced) lyrics present", play it! Next morning it should be done... :-)

Awesome...but how did you create the auto playlist?  What field/code do I use to refer to the lyrics?  %lyrics% doesn't work for me because I'm saving the lyrics to the configuration folder instead of to the tags.  Thanks!

Very impressed with this component, I would also be very interested in some sort of context menu item which would automatically download lyrics for the selected tracks. You can't be sure of the availability of online lyrics sites, so being able to save them all to tags etc, would be an an excellent addition.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1060
Ahhh I understand now. There is no need for you to replace illegal characters anywhere - it is all done internally. When lyrics3 detects an illegal character it is replaced with a '_' character. So when searching, the plugin will look for files with a '_' but as you have saved your lyrics by removing the characters altogether, there will never be a match. To rectify this you can either a) rename all the offending files so that they have the '_' or b) use the choose lyrics option to set an association for these lyrics or c) leave everything as it is (with your own illegal character handling)

Hope that helps

would it be possible to make the fallback char an option just for "local file search"?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1061
vern,

can you confirm how does component handle the lines below? difference is the semi colon and dot for the last part of time code.

[00:15.05]blah blah blah
[00:15:05]blah blah blah

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1062
I have some questions about the SDK. It looks like every searching result contains the lyrics text. Can I load it after users click the "load" button? In other word, the Search() function only get the result list to make the search process fast. Can it be possible?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1063
@matif:
Not anytime soon

@ptha:
It is on my to-do list, I just have no time for coding at moment (and probably won't for a while)

@SUPERCOOLMAN:
The colon and the full stop are handled in the same way (I think anyway).

@flashlab:
This is what the Load() function is for - have a read of the comments in the SDK, it explains it all.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1064
@matif:
Not anytime soon

@ptha:
It is on my to-do list, I just have no time for coding at moment (and probably won't for a while)

@SUPERCOOLMAN:
The colon and the full stop are handled in the same way (I think anyway).

@flashlab:
This is what the Load() function is for - have a read of the comments in the SDK, it explains it all.

I did some experiment and found out that lyrics scrolling stops whenever scrolling reaches the colon line, but the colon line is not highlighted

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1065
@The vern  :
Thanks for the reply. I wander wich event will trigger the load() function, seems not clicking the "load" or double clicking on result item. I've tried SetLyric() in load(), but didn't work

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1066
@SUPERCOOLMAN:
I'll look into this when I have more time, hopefully over the weekend.

@flashlab:
It is called whenever the lyrics need to be displayed. It won't be called if you've already call SetLoaded() for a given lyric. If you're still not sure PM me your code and I'll take a look.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1067
So, no menu commands any more?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1068
Try pressing shift whilst clicking on the menu

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1069
I have some .wv files with CUE_TRACK##_LYRICS embedded lyrics. I placed tag search as first option and added CUE_TRACK##_LYRICS to the search properties, but with no luck, both with 0.3.5.2 and 0.3.6 beta 5 - any way to get the plugin to display them?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1070
still loving your plugin (since you picked up the project)

i have made my foobar2k setup portable & i have a tiny request regarding this.

in foo_uie_lyrics3 panel preference page, i have set my background setting to pick up an image.
now, it currently requires an absolute path but when my foobar is in pen-drive mode, this absolute path breaks cuz (well... no need to explain here)
so, it would be awesome if you can change the way it accepts a path by allowing titleformatted paths to be defined (like how we define a custom path for saving lyrics)

changing the method of input can help me utilize the %foobar_path% variable provided by foo_exvar.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1071
@i0n0ff:

and i don't even see a point there. it seems to me that's it is kind of stupid to believe that there are not a lot of people that use it this way. why to have lyrics for the song u listened 6 seconds and deleted at once. the solution would be to save lyrics to tags but a lil unpleasant one

ur last sentence.. i do think you didn't read my message or post (don't know how u people call it). yeah that should remove that 4seconds searching part, but the way is ugly
good to know that having many lyrics files don't really slow down foobar.

besides all that (not enough lyric sources included), plugin works really good. functions placed nice. very handy

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1072
Personally, I like to save lyrics from sources I do not have, e.g. radio streams since tracks get repeated. By default the associations work in the background and optimise lyric loading times from files and so having lots of lyrics really isn'’t going to make much difference.

But if you are determined not to save lyrics for tracks not in the media library I think you can already do it. If you save to a user defined directory then something like the below for the custom directory should work.

C:\lyrics\$if($strstr(%path%,'C:\Music\'),media library,) where C:\Music\ is the base monitored folder used by the media library (configure as necessary - if you have more than one monitored folder then add them with $or). This sets the folder to null for non-media library tracks. Or you could specify a different folder where such lyrics should be saved.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1073
Thank you for this plugin, I'm beginning to love it.

Is there a way to make it skip tracks with no lyrics? Other than manually making a lyrics tag?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1074
Sorry, I expressed myself poorly.

I meant instrumental tracks. How do I make plugin skip looking lyrics up for vocal-less songs. Some way of making plugin remember which songs are instrumental. Right now, I manually (with mass-tagger) create <lyrics> tag with some value (empty tag doesn't work, plugin starts its fruitless search).
What I'm looking for is a more elegant solution. If it doesn't exist, consider this post a feature request.