Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Portable wireless music storage options  (Read 320 times) previous topic - next topic

Portable wireless music storage options

Hey all.  Loving Foobar2000 mobile for music on the go as I travel often.  However my phone has limited storage space.  I added a flash drive to the Foobar library that attached via USBc to my phone which worked great for a while, until the USB port on my phone got wonky and started cutting out randomly.

So, wondering if anyone has come up with a system using a portable solid state storage device that can connect wirelessly to an Android running Foobar, with the ability for the music folder on that storage device to be added to the Foobar library.  This could not depend on cellular network - often there is no service in my area so it would need to be something that would work between the android phone and the storage device.

I've looked online with not much success.  I find wireless portable routers that can connect to hard drives, but most use proprietary software to move files so it is unclear if it would work with the Foobar app.  Appreciate any info from folks who have figured something out.