Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Apple TVBR vs CVBR (Read 24891 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Apple TVBR vs CVBR

Reply #25
TVBR sometimes understates bitrate, too much, eg:  :-\

78kbps (TVBR -V91) vs 146kbps (CVBR -v192)
102kbps (TVBR -V91) vs 144kbps (CVBR -v192)
100kbps (TVBR -V91) vs 150kbps (CVBR -v192)
83kbps (TVBR -V91) vs 161kbps (CVBR -v192)
87kbps (TVBR -V91) vs 150kbps (CVBR -v192)

But sometimes it is overpriced, although this is not a problem. The average bitrate of CVBR is 10kbps higher.

Reply #26
like a any "t/vbr", the qaac is source depending. in my examples avarage bitrate V91 is 208.

Reply #27
I suggest that this is not a safety setting. No lower limit like with CVBR.

Reply #28
good luck!

Reply #29
TVBR and CVBR have roughly the same quality as of 2012.
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,97913.0.html
In my analysis in Audacity, at least with Green Day "Maria" I've found CVBR 320 encoded more information for the first some 4.5 seconds, and then switched to the equivalent TVBR (same samples). So there is a point where they can be the same (but not always). The model is a bit flawed too since 288 CBR delivers better fidelity than CVBR 256, IMO. It may be better than TVBR in some cases but historically CVBR has been about staying within range; it's much different from Opus's CVBR which is not nearly as good as VBR. The way I see it, in concept, TVBR is supposed to be the better choice with the higher bit rates if necessary but apparently it isn't.

Reply #30
If bitrate drops a lot, it only becomes a problem when you can hear something wrong on these low bitrate parts of the file. Otherwise it's only efficiency and that's a good thing.