Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_looks 2.0 (RC1) (Read 287377 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #25
Next error in new release of foo_looks - 2.0 rc1

If path to the image of album art contained non-english characters  - album cover not displayed.
In my case folder name is russian word.
Previous version - 2.10 work fine.

pIv

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #26
Sorry, i meant the tooltip that comes up that tells you the time currently at the point where you are dragging to, with the current fooAMP design you have to guess where you are dragging to.

also, the albumart isn't transparent as in previous versions, this would be appreciated also.

dynamic tooltips aren't possible yet, sorry

however, i am able to display the jump-to time somewhere else in the skin

i'll think about where the best place to show it is.

There is no built in way to display the current position when seeking because seeking is an entirely scripted operation.  In v 1.x seeking was built in and thus I had a special case code to handle the seek to position display.  Its still possible to display this information but it will have to be scripted into your slider script - which I think you already realized but I'm just clarifying.

With foo_looks 2.0 I've attempted to follow the Zen of Lua.  That is, the component does less for you but provides more ways to do more.  Currently the only built in behaviors are facilities to make buttons easier and the spectrum display.  Everything else is scripted including the sliders, the playlist display, the flashing indicators, etc.

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #27
Hey Danz!

I tried use new release foo_looks (2.0 rc1), but on start foobar next text displayed in console

INFO (foo_looks) : Sprite 'background' is visible with empty rectangle
INFO (foo_looks) : Sprite 'albumart' is visible with empty rectangle
INFO (foo_looks) : Sprite 'spectrum' is visible with empty rectangle
INFO (foo_looks) : Sprite 'rolltext' is visible with empty rectangle
ERROR (foo_looks) : malformed number;
  last token read: `0.0' at line 18 in string "..."
ERROR (foo_looks) : Sprite 'seekgrip' Error(s) loading script 'slider'
  last token read: `100.0' at line 5 in string "..."
ERROR (foo_looks) : Sprite 'seekgrip' Error(s) loading script 'seekSliderImpl'
ERROR (foo_looks) : Sprite 'albumartgrip' Error(s) loading script 'slider'
ERROR (foo_looks) : Sprite 'volumegrip' Error(s) loading script 'slider'
  last token read: `100.0' at line 9 in string "..."
ERROR (foo_looks) : Sprite 'volumegrip' Error(s) loading script 'volumeSliderImpl'
INFO (foo_looks) : AssetManager:Dumping unused image 'H:\Audio\Carpenters\(1971) Carpenters\cover.jpg'
INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://H:\Audio\Carpenters\(1983) Voice Of The Heart\09 - You're Baby Doesn't Love You A.mp3" (0)

I solve this error in next way:

change 0.0 to 0,  100.0 to 100

in  foo_looks_common.ski

Is it correct?

I have W2k russian, foobar 7.7a.

pIv

Since you seem comfortable changing the scripts could you try this just for a test.

In the script "slider" add setlocale('"en-us") before the global variable declarations

lua slider
-- User properties
setlocale("en-us")
trackx = false

and revert the script values to 100.0 etc. and let me know if everything works OK.

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #28
Next error in new release of foo_looks - 2.0 rc1

If path to the image of album art contained non-english characters  - album cover not displayed.
In my case folder name is russian word.
Previous version - 2.10 work fine.

pIv

I fixed this for the next RC which I'll post today or tomorrow depending on any additional bug reports.

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #29
i will be updating the foo_looks 2.0 documentation late tonight (GMT)

foo_looks 2.0 resource pages

although for those of you in the states it will be more like early evening

i'll try to complete the tutorial and complete the code references

and put a few 'how to' guides online

the first 'how to' guide will be for my rotational volume dial

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #30

On another note, great update, but there's one feature I'd like to see: a toggle button for the look to pop up instead of the main GUI.  It's just to difficult having to search through a menu for fewer options than the main interface gives.

sure

as for your other request, i'm not sure i understand what you mean?

can you explain it some more please

The request was more of one for foo_looks, not your skin.  It was that the look could be accessed by the system tray or taskbar icon instead of the main foobar 2000 gui.

And a small 'bug' I noticed:
If you do not have you look set to always on top and another window moves ontop of it then the look takes on that of the Windows GUI.  Screenshot is below.

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #31

On another note, great update, but there's one feature I'd like to see: a toggle button for the look to pop up instead of the main GUI.  It's just to difficult having to search through a menu for fewer options than the main interface gives.

sure

as for your other request, i'm not sure i understand what you mean?

can you explain it some more please

The request was more of one for foo_looks, not your skin.  It was that the look could be accessed by the system tray or taskbar icon instead of the main foobar 2000 gui.

And a small 'bug' I noticed:
If you do not have you look set to always on top and another window moves ontop of it then the look takes on that of the Windows GUI.  Screenshot is below.

I've seen the redraw bug, a mouseover usually clears it up.

I'm planning to add systray support which has been requested by a few other people too

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #32
danz, that locale should work. i had similar problem with my own lua script. foosion suggested os.setlocale("C") to me (that's lua 5.0 though, 4.0 doesn't use tables for libraries)

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #33
This looks interesting.  Reading documentation now.

Thanks.

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #34
This looks interesting.  Reading documentation now.

Thanks.

sorry the docs are not complete, and there are still missing pages

documentation is a 1-man job right now

i'll let you know in here whenever i make significant updates

expect one quite soon (should be in the next 24 hours)

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #35
Danz,

1. I change script foo_looks_common.ski, as you write:

Code: [Select]
lua slider
-- User properties
setlocale("en-us")

lua seekSliderImpl
-- User properties
setlocale("en-us")

lua volumeSliderImpl
-- User properties
setlocale("en-us")

and change 0 to 0.0 and 100 to 100.0

then I start foobar and see console log:

Code: [Select]
INFO (foo_looks) : Initializing GDI+
INFO (foo_looks) : Sprite 'background' is visible with empty rectangle
INFO (foo_looks) : Sprite 'albumart' is visible with empty rectangle
INFO (foo_looks) : Sprite 'spectrum' is visible with empty rectangle
INFO (foo_looks) : Sprite 'rolltext' is visible with empty rectangle
 last token read: `0.0' at line 19 in string "..."
ERROR (foo_looks) : Sprite 'seekgrip' Error(s) loading script 'slider'
 last token read: `100.0' at line 7 in string "..."
ERROR (foo_looks) : Sprite 'seekgrip' Error(s) loading script 'seekSliderImpl'
ERROR (foo_looks) : Sprite 'albumartgrip' Error(s) loading script 'slider'
ERROR (foo_looks) : Sprite 'volumegrip' Error(s) loading script 'slider'
 last token read: `100.0' at line 12 in string "..."
ERROR (foo_looks) : Sprite 'volumegrip' Error(s) loading script 'volumeSliderImpl'
INFO (CORE) : startup time: 2562 ms
INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://H:\Audio\Ìèòüêè\Ìèòüêîâñêàÿ òèøèíà\(09) Ìèòüêè - Íà ôåâðàëüñêîì ñíåãó....ogg" (0)
INFO (foo_looks) : AssetManager:Dumping unused image 'E:\Program Files\foobar_0.7\components\foo_looks\looks20.jpg'

When I change "," to "." in regional settings foo_looks 2.0rc1 work fine, but that is not good method.

2. In windows XP when I chang mode of looks (compact, normal, album)  - the black screen appears at moment. as i change screen resolution or color numbers in screen propeties.

pIv

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #36
Hi, foo_looks v2.0rc is very nice.Thanks! 

By the way, I have two things considered using foo_looks v2.0rc.

1. I am a Japanese.
A jacket art will not be displayed if Japanese
is contained in the folder name. 

2. Although there is a space in the left of
the jacket art of Standard layout,
balance thinks that it is bad.
I want you to attach a volume controller there like v1.10.
How is it?

Please tell me.

I am not so good at English.
There may be a strange text.
I'm sorry.

Thanks.

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #37
2. [..]
How is it?

Please tell me.

There is a volume control on all of the default skin layouts (it isn't obvious though!). If you look just above the album art, you will see a small empty square. If you click and drag this horizontally, you will find it is the volume control..

Hope that helps.

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #38
2. [..]
How is it?

Please tell me.

There is a volume control on all of the default skin layouts (it isn't obvious though!). If you look just above the album art, you will see a small empty square. If you click and drag this horizontally, you will find it is the volume control..

Hope that helps.

You can also use the mousewheel over the background to change the volume.

The volume is positioned the way it is now so it can be visible on all layouts w/o any additional scripting to reposition it.

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #39
1. I am a Japanese.
A jacket art will not be displayed if Japanese
is contained in the folder name.

Fixed in RC2 which I'll post sometime today.

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #40
Great job (as usual  ).

But in Micro Layout tooltips are badly needed (perhaps in title section, if possible).

Personally, I'd make this layout a bit wider: I find it a bit cluttered up with all those otions in such a small space, but it's the look I use every day cause it doesn't interfere with the other windows.

Another thing I'd like to see is scrolling titles (possibly only when there's not enough space).

And, for the record, with this layout CPU usage is around 0%! 

Thanks for your attention.

Alessandro

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #41
Personally, I'd make this layout a bit wider: I find it a bit cluttered up with all those otions in such a small space, but it's the look I use every day cause it doesn't interfere with the other windows.

That's why its the "Micro" layout

I'll make it a bit wider and make spot to show the rollover help text.

In the future though I'd like to get away from supporting the default look - it exists to show others the features of the component - I'm surprised people like to use it on a daily basis as I have almost no graphics skills at all.  I'm hoping that people will get inspired to make their own looks.

I'd prefer to concentrate on development vs. look creation.

Look for an RC2 today with a few bug fixes and the modified micro look.

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #42
Ok I know people could get angry. But isn't there a way to make use of WinAmp 3 skin engine somehow? And we'd have access to many skins. WinAmp 3 skins are really beautiful. I am very jealous when I run WinAmp 5, lookwise it kicks fb2k's a**. BTW I appreciate all your work and have no intention of disparaging the current foo_looks development.

Even if it's not possible, could the next version of foo_looks allow FreeForm skinning like WinAmp modern skins? or to achieve such a skinning engine is very hard?
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #43
Ok I know people could get angry. But isn't there a way to make use of WinAmp 3 skin engine somehow? And we'd have access to many skins. WinAmp 3 skins are really beautiful. I am very jealous when I run WinAmp 5, lookwise it kicks fb2k's a**.

Someone is working on a reuseable look file that should work with any winamp 2.x skin file (once you extract the graphics from the .zip archive) since winamp 2.x skins follow a fixed layout.  I believe, but may be wrong, the WA3 and WA5 have freeform skinning which might make it hard to have a generic look that could handle all cases but certainly, if you want to grab your favorite WA3 or 5 skin there is no reason you couldn't make a look that cloned it.

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #44
Even if it's not possible, could the next version of foo_looks allow FreeForm skinning like WinAmp modern skins? or to achieve such a skinning engine is very hard?

foo_looks is freeform - make any graphics you like and tk32 or myself could turn it into a functional look.

EDIT - of course it won't be like WA5 because I've taken a different approach to how things are configured and controlled

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #45
I'm surprised people like to use it on a daily basis as I have almost no graphics skills at all.

I always liked your micro-mode: what I need is an interface that has all the (main) features "at hand", stays on top but still let me work freely with my other programs.

As you can see, graphics are not on top of my priority list but this doesn't mean I don't like your work from an aesthetic point of view.

Just make it a bit more clean and functional and your MicroLayout will stay on top of all my windows! 

And thanks again for your time.

Alessandro

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #46
foo_looks 2.0 RC2

Ready for testing.

Changes

1.  Fixed bug with cover art search when matches contain utf8 encoded chars.
2.  Fixed bug in import file parser which caused import to fail in certain cases.
3.  Changed microlayout to be a little wider and include rollover help text.
4.  Fixed script logic bug when closing trays during relayout
5.  Moved song time to rollover text area

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #47
i think you're making a mistake if you try to compare foo_looks against wa3 skins

our aim was not just to make eye candy, but to provide unrivalled functionality

we also wanted a GUI that wasn't resource heavy, or had a large RAM footprint

it's a gross misunderstanding of foo_looks to say it's not as good as wa3 skins, because in fact, we can do so many things that were never possible in wa3 skins

a few special features off the top of my head

- text display has never been so powerful & dynamic
you can combine TagZ & LUA scripts to write unbelievably complex & dynamic text, whereas winamp just gives you the same old 'artist - title <00:00>'

- you can add unlimited layers of graphics, with alpha blending & z-layering
you can use this to create some awesome effects

- you can make any part of the look appear/move/disappear based on a condition, or a button
for example, you could write a script that swaps the position of the track info & buttons depending on whether the look is docked on the top, or the bottom of the desktop

and there is so much more....

the beauty of our plugin is that it will evolve as more people contribute

all the tools exist here for wonderful & powerful looks

.....although yes, we can't display round style looks very well yet

but is that such a big deal??

i thought fb2k users preferred function over form?!?!

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #48
The download link should be correct now.

foo_looks 2.0 (RC1)

Reply #49
i'd just like to remind people that both danZ & myself are happy to do most of the coding for your looks (at least until we have more tutorials available)

the best thing to work on is the graphics (since we are both awful at that)

if you send us your graphics, or half-written ski files - we'll do anything else that needs to be done

we'll even do all the code for complete beginners

so fire up Photoshop, and help us in the eye-candy department

thanks

---
new look in development: