Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Game Emu Player (foo_gep) by kode54 (Read 274136 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Game Emu Player (foo_gep) by kode54

Reply #450
Works for me. Are you sure you don't also have some other SPC plug-in installed, such as foo_snesapu? If foo_gep's SPC input is enabled, they will fight each other, depending on a random load order on player startup.

Reply #451
I'm not aware of any of the modules I have installed having support for SPC files (as I'm aware of conflicts so I've deliberately made sure nothing overlaps). Well, not unless DUMB added SPC support at some point.

Reply #452
Try unchecking the SPC checkbox in preferences and report if the file still plays.

Reply #453
Looks like it was ZXTune hijacking it. Thanks.

Reply #454
Sorry, my fault for not marking the components update page to indicate 1.3 as the minimum required version. Otherwise, you simply would have stopped receiving updates.
hi,
great to know you can accept $quare Cash, but could u finally post 1.186 dll that
was vanished and overwritten (can't undelete) from _my_ folder by yourmistake?!

PS. nice hydrogenaudio design, more ugly then before, and finally ssl support? with 0wn3d COMODO certs..
bump
PSS. blocking all connections from tor. Serious guys..
Invalid address
You tried to access the address https://hydrogenaud.io/, which is currently unavailable.

Reply #455
Here you go. http://cl.ly/2J3s3x3W0r1m

The source code is in Github if you ever need to compile any newer versions or fixes, but don't expect it to work out of the box with the older SDK.

Reply #457
Here you go. http://cl.ly/2J3s3x3W0r1m
hi, that is not the same 1.186 file that was distributed before.
1.2.9:
Failed to load DLL: foo_gep.dll
Reason: Wrong version number; this component appears to have been built with a newer version of the foobar2000 SDK

Here it goes:
http://rgho.st/6CwM9Fs2H

BTW 1.187 released 3 hours later...

Reply #458
At least one can use 1.179 from ftp://ftp.rave.ca/pub/software/players/Windows/Foobar2000%20v1.0/input%20plugins/

Reply #459
Or update the player itself. I hear it still works on Windows XP. Or if you're certifiably insane, it works on Windows 2000.

Reply #461
I love the "Interpolation: None" on SPC.

However, the volume is sometimes really low on tracks supported, and especially SPC. Is this known or is it something with the files i have? As far as i can see, there's no normalization setting, and the ReplayGain function does not work on these files. Sorry if i missed some setting!

Mario Paint - Creative Exercise vs LoZ - Main theme vs Daft Punk - Something About Us

Reply #462
Go into Advanced Preferences and locate the option to turn on a volume boost, but know that some loud files can actually exceed ±1.0 volume level. You can also ReplayGain scan your collection, but if you already did this, then that setting can make or break existing tags.

Reply #463
Go into Advanced Preferences and locate the option to turn on a volume boost, but know that some loud files can actually exceed ±1.0 volume level. You can also ReplayGain scan your collection, but if you already did this, then that setting can make or break existing tags.

Exactly, so the normal volume files will be clipping. this is what i meant by replaygain not working, and i'm assuming because these files don't support the replaygain tags

Reply #464
The files support ReplayGain tags, but they are inside of archives, and I cannot modify archives.

Reply #465
Hi @kode54, Have you come up with a new plug-in to support game music files at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4824376/PC9801%20OPI-OVI-M%20Music%20Files.zip? Just want to make sure the Japanese don't have a monopoly here. Separate discussion at https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,109451.msg900979.html#msg900979. Kudos to @pochaboo again.

I also realized Foobar2000 is now available on iOS, Android, Windows Phone. Hopefully, your plugin could be adapted in the next version so that it could play back at least AY, GBS, GYM, HES, KSS, NSF, SAP, SGC, SPC, and VGM as well. And when the smartphone app is ready for your plugin, we can play all sorts of game music files. Thanks,

Reply #466
It already is integrated on iOS and Android.

Reply #468
It already is integrated on iOS and Android.

Supporting SPC files! This is amazing!!! The app seems to have issues with non-unicode characters though. It doesn't display Chinese/Japanese properly.

Have you taken a look at the fmpmd formats mentioned earlier? Thanks

Reply #469
I'll have to import iconv or similar for codepage conversion, since we don't get Windows' handy "ANSI" codepage conversion tools on the mobile devices. It'll also have to try to detect code pages and pick the correct one.

Reply #470
The files support ReplayGain tags, but they are inside of archives, and I cannot modify archives.
Alright, thanks. Would be neat if it was possible for FB to have some kind of database that didn't write to files for that but eh..

But for the volume issues, couldn't there be some kind of amplifier just for the affected sound emulators, as the others work fine?

Reply #471
Loudness varies between games. There is no amplifier that would work correctly in all situations.

Reply #472
Hey Kode54, I wanted to ask if there's a way to do something that some Winamp plugins have had for a while:

The option to loop a song until a certain desired length is reached. Once the cutoff is reached, it finishes the last loop and moves on. This would ideally be applicable across all supported formats. The obvious benefit of this option is it ensures that an enjoyable length of playtime is achieved for every song, while not dramatically lengthening songs that do not require it.

An additional option could also set a cap for maximum loops (to handle extremely short songs), although I would consider this less important.

I'd even be willing to toss some cash at the development of such an option if it's possible. Let me know what you think. Thanks for your hard work!

Reply #473
The thing is, VGM is the only format this component supports where loop length is known. Every other format, the tags only specify length and fade. And none of the emulated formats have any mechanism to signal that a loop has occurred, short of attaching a loop detector that watches the decoded PCM data for the obvious repeat. And I don't think a loop detector is really feasible for real time playback, since for instance the SID lengths database is based on pre-scanning the entire collection release with a brute force scanner, and I've never heard of any emulated formats using such a scanner in real time.

Reply #474
I'm finding that any VGM file crashes foobar2000 when loading it with foo_gep 1.197.  I could send a crash dump if needed but this probably isn't necessary since any of the rips from, say, Project2612, trigger this and I doubt any other components I have installed are the cause of this based on my look at the stack trace and it was fine until I updated foo_gep. :P