Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Windows command line utility for joining 24 bit wav files (Read 1237 times) previous topic - next topic

Windows command line utility for joining 24 bit wav files

I'm a taper who has thousands of recorded concerts on a server. The concerts are tracked and compressed with flac and aac. I sometimes need to join multiple wav files (tracks) together to get the original concert, primarily to edit and retrack it. Because I do this in batch mode I need a command line tool. Yes shntool joins 16-44 wav files, and 24 bit flac files, but it barfs with 24 bit wav files. Yes I could use something like Audacity or foobar whatever Windows program, but I does anyone know a Windows command line tool/utility that will join 24 bit wav files? The only work around I have found is to use shntool to join the 24 bit flac files then decompress the joined flac file.
Thanks, Chris

Re: Windows command line utility for joining 24 bit wav files

Reply #1
SoX can do almost anything.

...I'd use Audacity or GoldWave.   :P    I find it a lot easer to click & drag files than to type-in file names & commands and I find it handy to look at the waveform visually if I want to edit, trim, or crossfade, etc.

Re: Windows command line utility for joining 24 bit wav files

Reply #2
I use foobar2000 for this:
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-join-flac-files

Output file can be any supported format, bit-depth, or sample rate. Then load into Audacity to do any crossfades and set new splitpoints. "Export Multiple" as FLAC, then save entire thing as an Audacity project should you need to come back to it in the future.