Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: YouTube Audio Quality Annoyances  (Read 11466 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: YouTube Audio Quality Annoyances

Reply #25
That not all the songs in their library are 320kbps as advertised. I found a study somewhere that tested it and heard a lot more compression artifacts than what should be present at 320. I found this after being suspicious of it myself because I also was hearing compression artifacts despite the extreme quality setting. Even comparing the same songs to the versions on GPM/YTM will show that the GPM/YTM versions are crisper.

The only articles I can find for this are from ~2011, where Spotify replied and stated that not their whole catalog was available in 320kbps yet, but that they were working on it. Not much later, they reported a 99,9% coverage.

I'd love to see any current sources that claim lacking quality in Spotify's library.