Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Does Foobar come with a user's manual? (Read 7714 times) previous topic - next topic

Does Foobar come with a user's manual?

I want to give Foobar a try for converting a bunch of wav files to FLAC, but after reading the FAQs and other sections it appears that one must be a programmer to use it.  From what I read it seems that I will have to learn code so I can set up command lines and switches and rename exe files and do basic re-programming just to do the simple task of converting wav to FLAC. I have to ask, does Foobar come with a manual or do I have to come to the forums for every little thing I want to do right down to the simplest task?  I thought I could just learn the program itself, which I could do in my sleep, not re-write the thing before I even start it up. Isn't it supposed to work right out of the box after one has learned how to use it?

Reply #1
No need to code stuff. If you install the current 1.2beta and the encoder pack from the download section, all you have to do is load the files into a playlist, select them, right click them, convert, quick convert, select flac and then hit convert.

Reply #2
foobar wiki

Reply #3
And the name is foobar2000
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #4
No need to code stuff. If you install the current 1.2beta and the encoder pack from the download section, all you have to do is load the files into a playlist, select them, right click them, convert, quick convert, select flac and then hit convert.

That's how I was assuming it worked before reading all the stuff on this website, it threw me. I'm going to go ahead and do as you instructed because I like the ability to do batches like that.

Reply #7
If you can point us at the exact pages that gave you an impression that converting WAV to FLAC with foobar2000 is so difficult, it would be of great help to us. I've already spotted some nonsensical/outdated bits in the FAQ but you seem to have seen more of it in other pages (wiki?).
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.