Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Find Least played songs? (Read 1508 times) previous topic - next topic

Find Least played songs?

I have Playback Statistics installed. I can use [%play_count% LESS 1] to create list of songs that are not played. But I have to increase the number to keep listing the least played songs.

How can I do that? Is there anything like Min(%play_count%) ?

Find Least played songs?

Reply #1
You could just make a playlist containing all songs and then sort by %play_count% ascending. Is that what you're looking for?

Find Least played songs?

Reply #2
Don't forget that foo_playcount makes available these additional variables.

%first_played% - date/time at which the song was played for the first time.
%last_played% - date/time at which the song was played last time.
%played_per_day% - estimate how many times per day the song has been played, based on time first played, time last played and times played.
%added% - date/time at which the song was added to the Media Library.
%rating_stars% - song's rating, formatted as up to five stars, e.g. ★★★
%rating_stars_fixed% - song's rating, formatted as five stars, e.g. ★★★☆☆

Also, when working with %played_per_day% values, $replace(%played_per_day%,.,) is a useful construction since only integers can be manipulated. Just remember that it is necessary to double quote title formatting expressions when they are inserted into queries. An example query is if you wanted all tracks whose played per day value is less than 0.20 :

Code: [Select]
"$replace(%played_per_day%,.,)" LESS 20

Find Least played songs?

Reply #3
You could simply create an autoplaylist with the query of:
SORT BY %play_count%

If you want to limit it a bit:
%play_count% LESS 10 SORT BY %play_count%

Find Least played songs?

Reply #4
I always play the songs randomly so sorting will not solve the problem. I would not have made separate list of unplayed songs if I played them sorted.

To make it more clear, I want an auto playlist which always show the songs which are played least.