Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: feature request: file modification time (Read 2049 times) previous topic - next topic

feature request: file modification time

Hi.

Is it possible to get an option for preserving file modification time (%last_modified%) when saving tags like e.g. in Mp3Tag?

I would appreciate this cause I do very often little corrections on tag errors respectively playcount is synchronizing file tags and this will mess up the time stamp of whole albums.

thx in andvance for consideration.

Reply #1
Also a %file_created% would be nice  (When it was created)
Foobar2000 @ Onkyo SE-90PCI @ Sennheiser HD595 :)

Reply #3
To quote an older post of mine:

Leaving the file modification date untouched when updating a file does not make any sense. Doing so would violate Windows conventions. It is intended to keep track of the last time a file has been changed, and nothing else. If you need to assign some custom timestamp to your files, this is not the way to do it. Even foobar2000 itself relies on it to determine updated files when rescanning the media library (v0.9.6: rescans only take place on startup), and so do, for example, most backup applications.

The solution is to store the date which you would like to remember in a tag.